for toilet training!

Learn more
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Toddler
  4. Sleep & Settling
  5. Strange Sleeping Positions

Strange Sleeping Positions Lock Rss

My daughter is 15 months and she has always moved around in her cot. She has slept with a gro bag in the colder months but lately has just been in PJs.
She adores her pillow and won't sleep without it.
I've discovered her sleeping on her stomach, with her knees up and with one side of her face against the mattress. She's hunched up like a little snail and she talks in her sleep. Is this OK?

Nik, NSW

Bradyn has been sleeping with his legs tucked underneath, bum up since he was able to roll over easily.
At this age they'll find their own comfy spot, I don't think there is much we can do about it.

Jeninne, WA, Bradyn 24/11/04, #2 Ryan 01/12/06

hi, my daughter is 22months old at the moment . ever since she was born she has been sleeping weird like laying on her stomach with her ass in the air, or sleeping on the other end ofthe cot, when she was in there. my daughter kicks off all the doona until she has nothing on her. she has done this since she was born. she sleeps anywhere even on a hard floor. thats fine whats she doing. what i do now cause shes in her bed i check on her before i go to bed and make sure shes laying on her back or side. and put her up on the pillow. babies will sleep however they feel comfortable. I find it amazing!

philippa mum of Charley chicken

Hi Tiasmummy

My daughter Haley 16months (today) sleeps like that all the time, it is very normal.

In a tight ball with their bums in the air is a form on security I think.

But if you are worried, seek professional advice maybe?

Good luck
Haleys_Mum

eìí? DD Haley 2 yrs old eìí?

Sign in to follow this topic