for toilet training!

Learn more
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Toddler
  4. Sleep & Settling
  5. What kind of Mattress for Big Bed?

What kind of Mattress for Big Bed? Rss

My almost 2 year old is now sleeping in her 'Big Bed' everynight. She is currently on an old foam mattress till be decide what kind of mattress to get. Just after some feedback from other parents.

Have you got a foam or spring mattress for your toddler?

I did hear when purchasing my cot mattress that foam was better for Baby's not sure if that is the case for toddlers.
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
we got a spring mattress for DD1 thinking we were doing the right thing, however it is so hard that we have had to by a foam overlay to help take away some of the firmness. With DD2 I'll be buying a foam one when the time comes.

DD#1- 2004, DD#2 -2006, DD#3 -23/10/08.

We bought a spring mattress with my DD's big bed. We bought her bed from BedShed, and they recommended a really good spring mattress. I personally didn't want a foam one, as I wouldn't have thought it would give enough support, but thats just my opinion. (I had foam ones when I was younger, and I always found that it would sag in one spot that you consistantly lie on) Umm, the matress we got is a good quality one that hopefully will last quite a few years.

You can buy different mattresses with different firmness. You'd just need to go to a specialty bed store and have a chat.

Good luck.

Char_and_Ethans_Mum wrote:
We bought a spring mattress with my DD's big bed. We bought her bed from BedShed, and they recommended a really good spring mattress. I personally didn't want a foam one, as I wouldn't have thought it would give enough support, but thats just my opinion. (I had foam ones when I was younger, and I always found that it would sag in one spot that you consistantly lie on) Umm, the matress we got is a good quality one that hopefully will last quite a few years.

You can buy different mattresses with different firmness. You'd just need to go to a specialty bed store and have a chat.

Good luck.

The modern memory foam mattresses are good for sleep. I have bought a Classic Brands Cool Gel mattress for my 2 little kids. They sleep on it and also play on it. For both kids and adult, this bed is perfect. I bought it from this website. You should consider the firmness of the mattress while buying. A too-firm mattress can cause body aches and pain. A too-soft mattress is not good for the spine and can cause back pain. A medium-firm mattress is perfect for sleep and back support.
The mattress company produces mattresses in varieties of sizes. Few of them are fit for the kids and few of them are suitable for the adult. The commonly available mattress sizes are Twin, Twin XL, King, Queen, Full, and Cal King. For big persons and beds, you have to choose the Full, King or Queen size mattresses. There are a lot of mattress brands available on the market. I have researched on various mattress brands and found some popular and well-reputed mattresses such as Casper Mattress, Purple Mattress, Tulo, Zinus Mattress, etc.
Sign in to follow this topic