Huggies Forum

Switch to Nappy-Pants

for toilet training!

Learn more
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Toddler
  4. Sleep & Settling
  5. Bedroom Light/Nightlight......Any ideas????

Bedroom Light/Nightlight......Any ideas???? Lock Rss

Hi Everyone,

I am after ideas. I am soon to be taking my 2 1/2 year old twins out of their cots and into beds. They share the same bedroom and I need to find a replacement nightlight. I think it's going to be hard enough doing this without thinking about the electrical safety side of things. So, I can't safely put a lamp in there and I am after some suggestions. Are there lightglobes that keep a room light without being bright???? I'd love your ideas.

Sue

Susan twinmum boy/girl Oct 2003

Hi Sue,
I think it's so beautiful that you have twins I have 3 boys and they are all under 5 and a very busy bunch. I recently bought a dreambaby sensor light for my 3 yr old as he was starting to get a bit funny at night in the dark. These lights are great as they turn themselves off in the morning and on as soon as it gets dark in their room.It does give off a bit of light so when they wake they would see fairly well,it depends on how dark or light you want their bedroom to be.
You can purchase them in any major hardware store or target that sells dreambaby products.
They come in different colours too, mine is a white glow and you can get blue and yellow also. I suppose you need to plug it in to a power point that they will not play with which can be tricky at their age.
I hope this gives you an idea on what to look for when choosing a night light.
Have a great easter.
Charmaine

Hi, I am not too sure if this would help you but here is my suggestion...how about fairy lights that are strung up nice and high? They aren't too bright and could be nice for the little ones who aren't quite used to the dark without some light in there. I can see your issues however regarding saftey etc...I guess you could put it on a timer switch or it you had to, have a new powerpoint installed at a more safe height.

You could try those big button push lights that only require batteries, they are about saucer size and you just push on it to turn it on and off, I think they are around $10 and available at Big W, Target & KMart.

HOpe this helps,

SJ
Sign in to follow this topic