Huggies Forum

Switch to Nappy-Pants

for toilet training!

Learn more

Waking up early!!! Lock Rss

My DS is not a great sleeper, getting up at least once a night for a bottle. However he has nearly always slept till at least 6 - 7 in the morning. My problem is that recently he has started to wake anywhere from 430am ready for the day. I have tried many things - another bottle, lying in his bed, bringing him to bed with me and hubby and just letting him cry until I cant take it anymore.
I have read plenty of posts on this subject so I know we are not alone in this but I was wondering if anyone else who has been through this and any methods to fix this little issue. It would be great to hear as I would love to wake up after the sun for once. LOL
How old is he?
He is 19 months
Hi,

Think it's just a bit of trial and error. We are back to DS2 doing about 7ish-6:30(sometimes 7:30) after having him starting his days at about 5am. I'm not sure what has 'triggered it' but we've tweaked a couple of things. I've just finished Elizabeth Pantley's No Cry Sleep Solution for Toddlers and Preschoolers (borrowed from the local library), she's got some ideas and her website probably has them on it.

We've made the hour or two before bedtime a 'quiet' time so no tv on, calm music and/or audio books on the stereo at a low volume. Dinner at about 5ish, then in bath for about 6:15; stories and in bed for about 7. He was going to bed at 6:30 as this fixed his not sleeping when he was 13 months old but he seems to cope better with the later bedtime now. We don't give him breakfast the moment he wakes up either, we were waiting at least 30 minutes and now if I hear him stir I am liable to leave him to see if he drifts back off; if he's crying though I always get him.

I think for us it was a combination of things, not just one thing and I certainly don't expect it to continue for ever more.....as it was he was awake at 5:45 this morning, though I will enjoy it while it lasts. LOL It seems that with daylight savings, after the initial few days, both boys are sleeping longer and better.

Sign in to follow this topic