Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappy Pants

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Why why why??? Lock Rss

Thank goodness for Hi 5 is all I can say. Why does my toddler think 5am is a great time to get up? Tried putting back to sleep, changing and bottle, lying in a bed with him etc I know quite a few toddlers his age waking up at this time at the mo (22 months) but noone seems to know why? He wants stories and play time. It isn't happening every day thank goodness but i have a baby too so i would like some sleep!!! I am such a bad mother, just bunged him on the couch with Hi 5 and some toast smile (I am still in room with him but just not doing nice mummy things like reading and playing.)
Guess we all have some days when we wake up early and can't get back to sleep and toddlers are just little people aye. Should stop complaining I guess. Cheers for reading my rant.
I can tell you what, I wouldn't be reading and playing with him at 5am either, poor you!! And Hi5 and toast sounds good to me smile

I can tell you what, I wouldn't be reading and playing with him at 5am either, poor you!! And Hi5 and toast sounds good to me smile

Me too!! I used to do the same thing when DS was around the same age and went through a phase of waking up at 5.30 every morning. I'd put him on his little couch with some toast, a sippy cup of milk and chuck a dvd on for him then snooze on the couch for an hour tongue
I do the same with my 2yo DD.
Except she wakes anywhere from 3am-4am. And WON'T go back to bed. I am soooo over it! This, on top of still waking 1-3 times a night.
I know people say tv is bad, but if it means Mummy and Daddy get some much-needed sleep (or even just lie in bed), then it's not a bad thing.
Better to have a sane, rested Mummy than a tired and cranky one.

I do the same with my 2yo DD.
Except she wakes anywhere from 3am-4am. And WON'T go back to bed. I am soooo over it! This, on top of still waking 1-3 times a night.
I know people say tv is bad, but if it means Mummy and Daddy get some much-needed sleep (or even just lie in bed), then it's not a bad thing.
Better to have a sane, rested Mummy than a tired and cranky one.

If my 2 year old wakes up I tell her its still night time and go back to bed, she might cry a bit but there's no way I'd be getting up at that hour.

What time does she go to bed of an evening? And what time is she sleeping during the day...maybe that's got something to do with it.
I have a 6 month old that wakes up anywhere between 3-5 am no matter what we do to try and make him sleep longer it doesn't work! If he's up around 3 we can normally get him back to sleep for half an hour to an hour. So when he's up we give him a bottle then it's a 50/50 shot as to wether he'l go back to sleep or wan a stay up and play, but I'm used to it now so my body lock gets me up at 3 and I just wait haha smile
Sign in to follow this topic