Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappy Pants

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Daytime sleep Lock Rss

Any ideas on daytime naps? My 2 year old goes through phases of not wanting her lunch-time nap. She will happily play in her cot for 20 minutes but then the trouble begins. Most days she is soooo tired but refuses to sleep. I get frustrated but at the same time I can’t force her to sleep. If I put her in the car she is asleep before we get to the end of the street! She has just started daycare and I think that may be unsettling her a little bit but I also think she is playing games with me. Any ideas?

Lans, NSW baby girls 20/04/04 & 17/04/2007

Hi RJ, My son did exactly the same thing at 2 years old. He is now 28 months old and hasn't had a daytime sleep in about 7 months, unless it's a quick 1/2 hour nap in the car. I think It's just a faze that your daughter is going through. When my son was around 2, I would put him down for a sleep and he would toss and turn and refuse to settle for up to 1 hour so I just give in to him, however he would be really tired mid after noon, 3.30-4.30pm. He has now grown out of it and is able to stay awake until bedtime at 7-7.30pm without a daytime sleep.

Mum to Bub

Hi RJ,
I know the feeling my 28 month old thinks she doesn't need a nap anymore!!
At first it was a case of putting her down a little later (say 1-2pm) and that worked for a week or so. Now she sounds the same as yours. If I put her in the pram or car she'll sleep but apart from that she MIGHT go down every 3rd day or so. She too is in daycare - 2 days a week (but somehow has a nap at day care no-worries!!! I'd love to know their secret)

Aimee
Sign in to follow this topic