for toilet training!

Learn more
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Toddler
  4. Sleep & Settling
  5. toddler is a stuborn sleeper

toddler is a stuborn sleeper Lock Rss

My son who is 22 months about a month ago he started climbing out of his co very very easily and once he started he wouldnt stop so we took the sides of his cot to convert to the toddler bed and he took to it straight away and loves it now.
The problem im having is i put him to bed he has his teddies dummy and his milk and then after hes finished his milk he will get up and play in his room on good days he will do this for about 30 minutes then just get into bed and go to sleep with no problems but its getting to the point we he will spend about 2 hours in his room and then go to sleep which he has no problem with he plays happily and does not cry i just feel horrible him being in his room alone for such long periods of time.
Am i doing the right thing i just dont have much of a choice he will not let me pat him to sleep he has always just self soothed and if i let him get up he just gets really cranky and gets over tired cos he needs the day sleep when he does sleep its usually for 2 1/2 to 3 hours so hes a good sleeper and then sleeps bout 12 hours at night most days he great and will go to sleep quickly and at night he will go to sleep really fast its just a few days a week he does this im just feeling guilty and feeling like im neglecting him leaving him in his room for such a long time has anyone else had this problem with their toddlers im hopeing he will get used to this over time and not fight me so much.

My son who is 22 months about a month ago he started climbing out of his co very very easily and once he started he wouldnt stop so we took the sides of his cot to convert to the toddler bed and he took to it straight away and loves it now.
The problem im having is i put him to bed he has his teddies dummy and his milk and then after hes finished his milk he will get up and play in his room on good days he will do this for about 30 minutes then just get into bed and go to sleep with no problems but its getting to the point we he will spend about 2 hours in his room and then go to sleep which he has no problem with he plays happily and does not cry i just feel horrible him being in his room alone for such long periods of time.
Am i doing the right thing i just dont have much of a choice he will not let me pat him to sleep he has always just self soothed and if i let him get up he just gets really cranky and gets over tired cos he needs the day sleep when he does sleep its usually for 2 1/2 to 3 hours so hes a good sleeper and then sleeps bout 12 hours at night most days he great and will go to sleep quickly and at night he will go to sleep really fast its just a few days a week he does this im just feeling guilty and feeling like im neglecting him leaving him in his room for such a long time has anyone else had this problem with their toddlers im hopeing he will get used to this over time and not fight me so much.

Maybe put his toys in a toy box with a lid and shut them away at bed time? Tell me if you find a magic wand because I have a four year old that still wakes up two times a night! smile
If hes happy playing then it shouldnt be a problem. He is probably just processing his day.
Do you shut the door or does he stay in the room by himself.
Maybe change the routine to having his bottle and a nice warm bath?? So then he is relaxed.

http://decadent-delights1.webnode.com/blog/
My blog, take a peek into my world

Sign in to follow this topic