Huggies Forum

Switch to Nappy-Pants

for toilet training!

Learn more
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Toddler
  4. Sleep & Settling
  5. No idea why this is happening, Dont know how to fix it!

No idea why this is happening, Dont know how to fix it! Lock Rss

DS1 has always been a great sleeper has been sleeping through since 5weeks old he's now 2 yrs old, and all of the sudden he wakes during the night crying out to myself and DF, i go in and get him bcos his crying wakes DS2 up.
I have no idea why this is happening and want him back in his bed as he is a pain to sleep with. And dont want him to get use to sleeping with us.
Should i just let him cry himself back to sleep and just deal with DS2 waking up or what! i have no idea what to do. So if anyone has any tips id really appreciate them.

I forgot to add that the first few nights i would go in and give him a kiss and turn his turtle constillation light on, it just makes him cry even more after i leave the room.
Sounds like he is going thru his 'testosterone surge number one stage'. Most of my friends boys did this. All the hormones are triggering emotions and fear and he needs you. You may just need to sit with him or sleep on the floor next to him for a week or so to see if he is reassured by your presence. Leaving him to cry will make things worse i reckon.

Sounds like he is going thru his 'testosterone surge number one stage'. Most of my friends boys did this. All the hormones are triggering emotions and fear and he needs you. You may just need to sit with him or sleep on the floor next to him for a week or so to see if he is reassured by your presence. Leaving him to cry will make things worse i reckon.

Great thanks, ive never heard of that 'testosterone surge' ill have to google it and find out more.
Thanks smile

Great thanks, ive never heard of that 'testosterone surge' ill have to google it and find out more.
Thanks smile

haha you wait till he gets around 4 and the 2nd one hits and he start viewing his father as competition for you! thats a fun one. Quite funny to wath from the outside too!

haha you wait till he gets around 4 and the 2nd one hits and he start viewing his father as competition for you! thats a fun one. Quite funny to wath from the outside too!

Oh goodness.
I cant seem to find anything on testosterone surge. sad

Oh goodness.
I cant seem to find anything on testosterone surge. sad

My info comes from my medical textbooks but im sure some of these websites will have some info:

bliss-breastfeeding.blogspot.com/.../soy-infant-formula-birth-control-pills.html

www.preschooldirectory.co.uk/adviceboys.html

semper-fido.blogspot.com/.../when-kids-usually-boys-are-rambunctious.html
Awesome Thanks soo much.
Ill take a look now.

Awesome Thanks soo much.
Ill take a look now.

There are heaps of others. If you google "Testosterone surges in infant males" they should come up in the hundreds.

DS1 has always been a great sleeper has been sleeping through since 5weeks old he's now 2 yrs old, and all of the sudden he wakes during the night crying out to myself and DF, i go in and get him bcos his crying wakes DS2 up.
I have no idea why this is happening and want him back in his bed as he is a pain to sleep with. And dont want him to get use to sleeping with us.
Should i just let him cry himself back to sleep and just deal with DS2 waking up or what! i have no idea what to do. So if anyone has any tips id really appreciate them.

I forgot to add that the first few nights i would go in and give him a kiss and turn his turtle constillation light on, it just makes him cry even more after i leave the room.

we have a 2 1/2 yr old boy and he wakes every few nights, he is in his own bed, we deliberately bought a king single so that we could get in with him rather then him getting in with us. It seems to be working, he calls out one of us goes in a lays down with him until he goes back to sleep (usually within 3 minutes) and then we go back to bed. i'm hoping he'll grow out of it. It is getting less often now and some nights when he calls out i call out that i'm coming and he falls back to sleep by himself, or say i'm going to the toilet and by the time i go in there he's back to sleep.
Maybe u could try laying with him until he goes back off to sleep.

Kiddi <3

Sign in to follow this topic