for toilet training!

Learn more
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Toddler
  4. Sleep & Settling
  5. BORN 3/6/02 STILL waking up through night

BORN 3/6/02 STILL waking up through night Lock Rss

HELP..!!!!...My son is nearly 2 1/2 and still wakes at night..because he can get out of his bed he comes into our room and jumps into bed with us...asks for a "juice" then goes off to sleep...if I put him back in his bed he does the same thing over and over......I've even taken him to the doctor who said he is healthy and suggested ""Phenergean" which I tried for 2 weeks ..it worked but as soon as we stopped the medication it's the same old story..ANY IDEAS.?????

Karen,QLD,boy 3/6/02

hi ladybunny64,

my daughter is a little older than your son and she does the exact same thing! The only time we get a whole nights sleep is when she's at grandmas!

i myself have no idea on what to do! :S but let me know if u have any success!

Jubs_n_Tia, 24, NSW, boy 06/11/99 + girl 15/05/02

Hi, my daughter has just turned 2 and hasnt woken through the night since she was about 9 months (unless she's teething or sick). I think it's partly because she has her bedroom door shut at night (with a night light), so she knows she cant just get up and walk around.

If you think you can put up with afew nights of crying at bed time, this may be worth a try - as I'm sure after a few nights they'll get the idea that they cant do it anymore. As for asking for his juice, maybe put a his juice cup next to his bed with a small amount in it.

Let us know how you go,
JaidasMum24

Jaida (6), Ameli (2) & Lacey (2mths) - SA

hi JaidasMum24,

we actually keep her door shut without a night light at all, but she either cries or calls out till we come in or she walks down the hallway to our room (we have stairs just outside her door and without fail she makes it to our room with no problems!)

we're getting very frustrated (and tired!) but have no idea on what to do! :~

Jubs_n_Tia, 24, NSW, boy 06/11/99 + girl 15/05/02

Can't do much but sympathise! My slightly older again girl (April 02) still sort-of wakes and cries and needs attention. It's not night terrors (we had some of them, awful but different) but she's still not really awake - I am though, the damage is done. That's why I'm still mostly co-sleeping (lesser impact, wake up is shorter and I don't have to actually get up) though some nights she does sleep through in her own bed (yee-ha, gold star!) - just waiting for those nights to become more and the other type to become less - think it's happening as she gets older. BUT did you know there's a new sleep forum started with an expert moderator?

http://huggies.kcaforums.com/ShowForum.aspx?For...
Sign in to follow this topic