Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappy Pants

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Toddler
  4. Sleep & Settling
  5. trasition from two 2 hour sleeps to one big one?

trasition from two 2 hour sleeps to one big one? Lock Rss

at the moment i find my 12 month old son is very erratic with his daytime naps. one day he will have his usual 2x 2 hour sleeps morning and afternoon. but others he gets grumpy and i put him to bed as usual and he yells and carries on till i get him up and then crashes out for 3+ hours in the afternoon then the next day he's happy with his 2x 2hours again especially annoying when trying to plan on going out the house (god forbid lol)

does anyone know how tomake this transition less crazy???

Hi Brandis Bear,

My daughter did the same thing at twelve months. I just gradually made her sleep time later over two or three weeks. She used to go to bed at 9:30am but we stretched out the morning til 11:30 by going to the park, playing in the backyard, visiting a friend or anything that kept her interested. I did do this very gradually, by about 15 minutes every few days until she was eating lunch at 11 and then going down for a sleep at 11:30. She now has a sleep at 1 o'clock and will sleep for two to three and a half hours.
The transition is a bit crazy but if you can make it a gradual, fairly structured time, it might be a little easier.
Good luck.

Carly - mummy to Alyssa, Ava and Mason

Sign in to follow this topic