Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappy Pants

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Toddler
  4. Sleep & Settling
  5. How long does it take to fall asleep???

How long does it take to fall asleep??? Lock Rss

Hi
My 13 month old daughter sometimes takes 1 hour to fall asleep in her cot, she has a dummy, but keeps talking away for almost 1 hour, usually ends up crying, and sometimes doesnt fall asleep! Sometimes she only takes 10-15 mins etc, but most day sleeps are taking 45 mins- 1 hour to fall asleep, I put her down between 2 and 2.30 and hope for the best , she has a morning nap at 9.30 till about 10.30 or 11 and wakes in the morning at 6 or 6.30- anyone elses baby taking that long to settle??????
Hi there,

You may not want to hear it but your little one may be telling you it's time for one sleep a day!!! This is what my daughter did. You may also find that she will sleep in a little more to hhopefully 7- 730am.

I put my daughter to sleep (she is now 18 months) at 12, she has her lunch at 11:30 so she has a full tummy. and most days she wakes up at 3 on the dot and goes to bed at 7pm.

It may be a hard couple of days to start out with cause she will be tired by 10 and wanting to go to bed. I would maybe try and keep her up for and hour longer each day or two.

Maybe some other clever mummies have some ideas.

Hope this helps

Ellas mumma
Sign in to follow this topic