Huggies Forum

Switch to Nappy-Pants

for toilet training!

Learn more
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Toddler
  4. Sleep & Settling
  5. What time do your 2.5 year olds go to sleep????

What time do your 2.5 year olds go to sleep???? Lock Rss

My little man wakes up about 7.00ish in the morning and has an afternoon sleep that ranges from 1.5 to 3 hour sleep.

I have started waking by 3.30 - 4.00.

I cannot get him to sleep before 8.45 at night.

I don't want to cut the day sleep because he really needs it!!

How do you other mum's fair??

M&M ..NSW

I was having the same problem with my daughter (2.5 months). She was having a day sleep that was anywhere from 2 to 3 hours but then getting her to sleep at night was a nightmare, sometimes it would be 9.30 before she would settle.
We realised it was the day sleep that was interrupting her bed time so decided to change the day sleep and limit it to 1 hour at the most. Since she has moved into her big bed she will no longer go down for a day sleep and is in bed by 7.30 most nights. Some days she does get tired and so she lays down on her lounge with a pillow and blanket and has a rest and/or sleep, but we always wake her after 1 hour. On the days she has a 1 hr day sleep she usually is in bed asleep by 8.30 which is still better than what it was previously.

Tracy, SA, DD 15/3/04 & TTC #2

my 21 month old wakes at 6 or 6am has around 3 hrs at 11am then is in bed by 6pm, my daughter 6yrs and son 3yrs wake up the same time and are in bed at 7pm every night.

Belinda

Belinda,Qld,3 children(1 in heaven)

Sign in to follow this topic