Huggies Forum

Switch to Nappy-Pants

for toilet training!

Learn more
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Toddler
  4. Sleep & Settling
  5. What time / how long is your toddler's day sleep?

What time / how long is your toddler's day sleep? Lock Rss

My daughter is 17 months old and has a two hour sleep between 12 and 2pm. She gets up in the morning at 6.30am and is in bed for the night by 7.30pm.

Many of my friends put their children to sleep a lot later in the day and while sometimes I think that would be convenient I think Caitlin would have trouble falling asleep at night if she didn't have a good long awake time in the afternoon/evening. So what works for you?

Mum to Caitlin & Owain

My little girl sleeps the exact same routine and she is 19 months. occassionally if we have been out and I have put her to bed later in the afternoon, she sleeps the same time and just gets up later, which means bed later, but she still gets up at the same time, so I feel she has lost and 1 1/2 sleep the night before.
I would worry, if it works for you and her, let it be.
Some kids can handle a long awake time in the morning some in the afternoon. My DD struggles in the morning but is happy having a longer afternoon awake time. My 12.5month old does:

Wake: 7/7.30am
12pm - Sleep 2-3hrs
7.15pm - Bed and asleep within 10mins.

2 Perfect Girls Catherine7/8/05 & Mirelle17/10/07

My daughter is 14 months old and sometimes Jaye goes to sleep at 1.30 to 2.30 for a couple of hours or sometimes she goes to sleep at 3.30 to 5.00 but I think its up to the child and what sites you both and Jaye goes to be at 8.30 at night but she is asleep at 7.00

Tracey,Jaye (girl)12/06/05, Sam (boy)10/07/09

Hi Paula smile

I haven't been on this site for ages but just came across your post. Lily has a similar routine to Caitlin. Although she goes to bed a bit earlier at night - I try to keep her up until 7pm but by 6.30 she's had it LOL! She wakes up anywhere between 7 and 8am - depending on how noisy Lachie is smile They both have an early lunch at around 11am and then off to bed, Lily usually sleeps for a couple of hours sometimes longer - I think she's making up for all the sleepless nights in the early months! I don't think Lily would go to bed as easily at night if she had a late afternoon sleep and she's tired by lunchtime anyway. It just means if I have things to do we either have to get out of the house first thing in the morning so we're back in time for her sleep or otherwise I just wait until the afternoon to go out.

Hope you're doing well.
Take care
Jasmine smile
Hi,
Jeb usually wakes between 7-8am, then goes down for one sleep around 1-1:30 (depending on what time he wakes in the morning) and sleeps for 2-3 hours, then goes down for the night between 7:30-8pm (also depends on what time he wakes in the morning and how long his day sleep was). He's been doing this now for about 2 months and he's 13 months old. He's a big boy and seems to be able to handle it very well as he's always happy and on the go smile
My son is 15 months old and has a two to three hours between 12 and 3pm. He's up between 6.30 and 7.30 am goes down for the night by 8.00pm.

Speedy

my Ellie, wakes up between 6-7am goes back to bed at 11am after her lunch and wakes around 1-2pm has dinner at 4.30pm and is in bed by 6pm.

Belinda

Belinda,Qld,3 children(1 in heaven)

Sign in to follow this topic