Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Switch to Nappy-Pants

for toilet training!

Learn more
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Toddler
  4. Sleep & Settling
  5. How many sleeps per day?

How many sleeps per day? Rss

Hi everyone

I was hoping to get your input. My daughter is now 18 months and she still has two sleeps a day. This is usually 1hr-1.5hrs in the morning and then 1hr in the afternoon. I didn't think there was anything wrong with that as the better she sleeps during the day the better she sleeps at night.

However, everyone keeps telling me it is too many sleeps and I should be putting her down in the middle of the day only. We have tried to transition over to the one sleep but it isn't working. If I put her down in middle of the day she only sleeps for one hour and then she won't have an afternoon sleep so by night she is in a crappy mood.

I just don't think she is ready. She is very active so I think the two sleeps does her the world of good even though they are not long sleeps. I am expecting no 2 shortly so I wanted to sort this out now. Should I try for one sleep or should I tell everyone to back off as two seems to work fine?

Thanks!
If it is working, then let her have 2 a day if that is what she wants.

When she is ready for 1 sleep, she will either refuse to go to bed in the morning, or refuse to go to bed for the afternoon sleep. When this is happening then it is time for only one sleep.

My daughter is 14 months and sometimes still has 2 sleeps, sometimes has one. A lot of the time she doesnt' really have a choice in how many sleeps she wants, if we are out and she won't sleep in the pram, then she waits until we get home.
It's not too much at all. My daughter is 15 months and has either 2 day sleeps (both about 1 1/2 hr each) or if she has one it's 3 hrs.

If she's happy and content then don't change a thing because their busy little toddlers and need their rest smile
Hi madelines mum I have a daughter who is 14 months old and she still has two sleeps in the day and I think that if your daughter wants to have two sleeps than let her have them plus if it works for you both than just keep doing it cause at the end of the day you are the one whos has to put with up with a moody daughter and its not worth the stress for you both.

Some people have also told me that I should cut Jaye's morning nap out for good and its easy for them to say it cause they dont have to put up with a moody child and you know what works for you and your daughter.

Tracey,Jaye (girl)12/06/05, Sam (boy)10/07/09

Sign in to follow this topic