for toilet training!

Learn more
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Toddler
  4. Sleep & Settling
  5. How to get 14 month old to stay asleep past 5:30

How to get 14 month old to stay asleep past 5:30 Rss

Well, here is my 14 month old daughters routine, (this is new, I have just stopped letting her have 2 day sleeps)

She gets up in the morning at around 5:30 (sometimes she sleeps until 6:30) I do anything to get her to go back to sleep, but sometimes it doesn't work.

She has breakfast, then plays a bit.

At around 11 or 11:30 I give her some lunch. Then she goes to bed for anything up to 2 1/2 hours.

Then bed is at either 7 or 7:30 pm (depending on what time she woke up from her nap) Occasionally if it has been a big day she might go down around 6:45, but this is rare.

So what am I doing wrong. I try to give her a big dinner, so she's not hungry overnight. She is not cold or hot in her room, when I go in to her at 5:30, she doesn't feel too hot or cold anyway.

So what do I do. On the days when she wakes up this early, I normally try and pat her to sleep, but she doesn't really seem to want to go to sleep.

So then I bring her in to bed, she has a breastfeed, and then normally has a cuddle with Dad, only because it's the only way to get her off the boob (lol) this morning she went back to sleep until 8 am (so this was LOVELY)

Any ideas to keep her sleeping in her OWN cot until at least 6:30/7 would be appreciated.
We sometimes hear our DD wake around 5am for a few seconds then she goes back to sleep. What happens if you leave her and not go into her will she go back to sleep?

2 Perfect Girls Catherine7/8/05 & Mirelle17/10/07

Hi,

My daughter Kaitlyn has pretty much the exact same routine as your little one. She also wakes up quite early which can be a pain in the bum but I figure she has been asleep for 10 hours so I guess she has had enough. Like Natasha said, have you tried letting her play in there by herself so you can lie in a little longer. When Kaitlyn wakes up between 5:30 and 6 we don't actually get her out of her cot until around 7ish. She lies in there happily talking to herself and playing with her teddy. It might be worth tossing in a couple of toys when you go in at 5:00 and take it from there.

Kaz

Karen, NSW, 1 baby girl

have you tried getting her to stay up a bit later?
if she is going down at 7.30 that is 10 hours sleep which at this age is normal, for the first couple of days will be hard to minipulate her routine but it might be worth a shot?
my boy goes to bed 8.30 on the dot everynight, and wakes genarally between 7 - 8.
i found the best way with him to get him stay up that little bit later was to try and make his 1 day sleep a little later around 2 pm for around 2 hours.

Sign in to follow this topic