Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappy Pants

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Toddler
  4. Sleep & Settling
  5. Still Not Sleeping Through!!!

Still Not Sleeping Through!!! Lock Rss

Hi All.

You have probably seen from my numerous posts that my toddler is not a great sleeper!!!!

She sleeps through the night for about a week and then goes back to waking up again. It seems like she has a week catch up and then goes bad again. At the moment she can wake anywhere between 5 to 10 times during the night and waking up screaming until we go in and lay her back down. She falls asleep instantly until the next time (roughly around every hour). She doesn't have a dummy and she doesn't go to bed with a bottle.

We are at a loss and extremely exhausted as we have a 3 month old that I am still feeding 3-4 times during the night and my husband is working 12 hour days!!! My day is starting around 3.30-4am every day as my 3 month old has his last feed around this time and then my toddler is unsettled from this time until she gets up at 6am!!

Please help me, I am going insane (I think)!!!!
My daughter was waking up thru the night a few mths ago (all started when she got sick) standing up and crying/calling out etc.. We just ignored her and she layed herself back down when she realised no-one was going to her.. I don't know if you have tried this but it works well for us smile

Mel, Mummy to Krysta 07-04-04 and Chloe 10-11-06

Hi
I had the same problem a month ago, Josh was waking around 6 to 8 times a night, he would scream until I went in and put the dummy in or the music on. One night I was utterly exhausted and when he woke and was only slightly crying, I left him and fell back asleep. He did too and hasn't done it since, even when we went away on holidays and I thought it might start again. I had tried previously controlled crying, but once he gets really upset it gets very bad and hard to settle him down again. Another thing that has worked when he has got into a bad habit is to change the routine, I found moving the position of his cot once helped with his sleeping.
Hope this helps

Baby Joshua 13/5/04

Sign in to follow this topic