Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappy Pants

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

dummies and pillows Lock Rss

Hi, my 2 year old daughter has a dummy only when she goes in her cot but I am wondering when to stop using the dummy. Any advice?

Also, she doesnt use a pillow yet and I am wondering how and when to start and what sort to use, you wouldnt think it could be that hard. Every other 2year old I know has a pillow but she has never had one.

Bec. Mum to Jade (June 03) and Makai (July 06)

Hi, Our little boy didn't have a pillow until he went into his big boy bed two weeks ago. He is 2 1/4 and in his cot he didn't have one and he really could take it or leave it even now. We just put the pillow on his bed and most nights he sleeps on it to him it is just part of the big boy bed. We never had a dummy though but he does suck his thumb. I really wouldn't worry about it yet I think at 2 if they want to suck their thumb or have a dummy for bed thats ok, they are only little after all.
My son is 21mths old and since birth has had a dummy or biddy as call by him and is sooooo attached to it - we have weaned him off it to only have it a nap time and bed time - but he is so sneaky he has taken to hiding them around the house - so if we wont give him one he will go and find one.
We thought that we would wait until he was a bit older and could understand that he was a big boy and didn't need his dummy anymore.
As for pillows he has slept with a pillow for quite awhile now - not saying that he stays on the pillow all night - but has gone to bed with a pillow. His is just a soft pillow - don't think that the pillow should be too hard as you said.

Carissa, QLD 2yr son

Sign in to follow this topic