Huggies Forum

Switch to Nappy-Pants

for toilet training!

Learn more
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Toddler
  4. Sleep & Settling
  5. Awake for 2 hours every night. Any ideas???

Awake for 2 hours every night. Any ideas??? Rss

Hi,

This is my first time using this website.
I have a 19mth old who goes to sleep at 7.30pm and sleeps for 5-7 hours and is then awake for 2-3 hours, we just don't seem to be able to get her back to sleep. We have been to sleep school when she was a baby and know all about controlled crying but she is not very often crying, just awake!! It is driving us crazy, she has had lots of sicknesses and lots of trouble with teething but this 2 hour thing seems more than just that.

Any ideas????

Judy, VIC, Toddler

Hi,

I am not sure if this is an answer to your question, but one of my twins wakes around 3am-4am of a night. He does not usually cry, but seems to be having a conversaton with himself as the other twin is still fast asleep. He has done this for about a week. I also found around that time of the morning he was cold as the temp really dropped in NSW for a period of time and he will not keep a blanket on - so I put the heater on for about an hour. Although it wakes me I very rarely go into his room and he seems to drift off again.

My boys are usually very good sleepers, but it just goes to show that things can change without any obvious reason. Good luck.

Ps This website is fantastic for asking questions you will be surprised how many great mums there are out there for support.

Victoria ~ 3yr old beautiful twin boys

Hi there, I would say the same as twin mum if she is happy just dont go in there. She will go back to sleep no doubt. I think it is qiute common. My 4 month old has slept through since 8 weeks and some night i can hear him chatting away not upset just talking. Hope this helps

Cathy S.A, girl Rylee 07/01/04+Lachlan 03/03/05

Sign in to follow this topic