for toilet training!

Learn more
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Toddler
  4. Sleep & Settling
  5. what times bed time in your house

what times bed time in your house Lock Rss

I have a 2 yr old son who until recently had been going to bed at 7.30-8 every night.
but lately it's been a fight to get him to bed and he's been still awake at 9pm which is drving me crazy.
as a single mum after he goes to bed at night is the only me time i get, i'm also 26 weeks pregnant and am finding it hard to deal with it

so what time do you put your kids to bed and what age are they?

Hi there

Bed time for us is 7pm usually my son goes to sleep straight away. He is pretty tired by then as he usually sleeps from 11-1.How does he sleep during day? My son is 16mnths.

he usually fights not to sleep during the day
but i'm gonna try and start making the day naps earlier so he's tired at night time

Hi Shelley,

My 2yo goes to bed at 8pm. He doesnt usally go to sleep straight away, but he is happy playing in his bedroom till he is ready to sleep. He then gets himself into bed and goes to sleep. I dont mind him playing as long as he is quiet and doesnt stay awake too long. He is usually pretty good and falls asleep himself within the hour (usually less). However i do have the problem of him getting himself up between 12 and 3am and crawling into our bed! I realy should put a stop to that but im so tired i just let him in! smile

My son also doesnt like his day naps but i put him to bed anyway and close his door. If he isnt tired he will just play in there for the full 2 hours but if he is tired he will fall asleep before long.

I know not all kids are happy to just play in their room but i was lucky, my son is! Of course i do check in on him to be sure he is not getting up to too much mistchef in there but he is usually pretty good.

I dont realy know what to suggest to get your son to sleep. Perhaps giving him a dummy to suck just for his naps (if you dont already). My son seemed to like that. Another idea is giving him a warm milk to relax him. Other than that i realy dont know.

Goodluck.

Mum to 3 boys

Hi,

Tahlia is 2 today and her bedtime is between 6.00-6.30. Vanessa is 10 and she goes to bed at 8.00.

Angelique

My 2 Angels, Vanessa 10 & Tahlia 2

wow! you lucky girl!!! How do you get your 2yo to go to bed at 6ish? Does she still have her day naps? What time does she get up in the morning?

Oh, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY Tahlia (for yesturday). My boy turns 2 on the 20th of June. Do you mind me asking what yu did for your party (if you had one) for entertainment and food? we are doing a lunch party with 3 toddlers and a group of adults. I havent a clue what to do. Its a BOB the builder theme. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Mum to 3 boys

thanks everyone for the responses,

i give seth a bottle of warm milk at nap time and bed time.
sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.

Happy Birthday Tahlia (what a pretty name).

My daughter is 2 years old in a couple of weeks and she goes to bed between 6.30-7.00pm and she gets up at 5.45am but lately she has been going to bed at 7.45pm cause her dad has just finish working away so she is making up lose time with him but other wise she would be going to bed at 7.00pm.

She has a nap time between 1.30pm to 2.45pm and I found after that she isnt so tired.

Tracey,Jaye (girl)12/06/05, Sam (boy)10/07/09

my almost 2 yr old goes ot bed between 6:30 and 7 and wakes at 5:30 and my almost 3 yr old goes ot bed at 7pm and sleeps till 7. he sometimes plays but always goes to slepe on his own usually by bout 7:30. he also plays in the morin quietly if he wakes early.

Ashton 13/8/04, dylan 27/8/05, #3 due 22/9/07

my 15 m goes to sleep at 6pm and has 2-3 hours nap from about 11.30am.
My nnearly3 geos to bed 7 -7.30 and only rarely has an afternoon nap

3 girls under 3

my son has a nap at 12pm for anything up to 3 hours and he then goes to bed at 8;30pm. mind you if is being good and quiet i will sometimes leave it until 9;30. the later he goes to bed the longer he sleeps in the morning.
thanks ladies,

seths getting better he's been asleep by 8.30-9 pm and getting up around 7.30- 8am

he usually has a 2hr nap during the day but seems to be sleeping longer, he might be growing again.

Sign in to follow this topic