Learn more
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Toddler
  4. Sleep & Settling
  5. what times bed time in your house

what times bed time in your house Lock Rss

Hi

We had the same prob with Ryan not long after he turned two. Firstly we cut his day nap out which worked a treat (in bed by 6pm) but after a while he was not having a daynap and still up at 9pm and not acting tired or ready to go to bed.

In the end it was that tiring having him up all day without a break and then going to bed the same time as us we enforced bedtime. It was a battle at first but our new rule was that it was bedtime at 7pm and he could choose if he read books or played but he was to stay in his room. After a few nights (and many tantrums for those first few nights of being put to bed at 7pm) he was going to bed at 7pm and out like a light within 5mins. I think he was tired all along but getting a second wind to keep him up till 9pm. Now he sleeps 7pm-7am with no day nap. He is 3 in a few weeks. Our second Jayden is a brilliant sleeper but only cause we've learnt so much from our experiences with Ryan and not allowed the same bad habits to creep in. Jayden sleeps 7pm-6am without a peep and then has a two hr nap during the day. He is like one of those little dolls that you put him in his bed and his eyes close to go to sleep LOL cause we have kept his sleep to a stricter routine than we did with Ryan.

I don't know if doing what I suggested will work but just thought I'd share our experience for food for thought.

Good luck
Jo

My son is 2 years and 9 months he still has a sleep from 1:30 - 3pm ( I wake him at three) on the odd occasion he doesn't have a day sleep he is in bed at 7:30pm if he has a day sleep then 8:30pm. He wakes in the morning between
7 - 7:30.

mum to Hamish & Amelia

Charlie is 17mths and goes to bed around 7.30pm. She has 1 day nap from about 12pm, used to be for 2 hrs but for some blessed reason has gone to 3hrs! If she sleeps til 3pm she goes to bed at 8pm and is out without a peep. She wakes about 7.30/8am.

Charlie girl 15/01/06 & Dean the Machine 22/08/09

thank you all for the great advice.

we're slowly working things out, he's put in bed at 8pm and he's usually asleep within 10-15 minutes. i find him asleep with his book beside him, so he's just like me.

i have deifinately learnt what not to do with the new baby and hopefully by then seth ans i will have an effective bed time routine happening.

My 16mth old son goes to bed between 8 and 8:30 at night and generally sleeps til 7:30 the next morning.
Sometimes he doesnt go straight dowm but it doesnt worry me coz he just wants to spend time with his daddy. So when he doesnt go straight dowm he snuggles up with DP and about five minutes later he is out to it.
He is now in the bed because he wouldnt sleep in the cot, even if he was asleep before we put him in there.
Sometimes I even find him in his bedroom asleep on the bed himself for his afternoon nap.

Matthews Mummy

Sign in to follow this topic