Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappy Pants

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Toddler
  4. Toddlers & Relationships
  5. how do we teach our toddlers to defend themselves.

how do we teach our toddlers to defend themselves. Lock Rss

My 2 year old was pushed and hit yesterday by a good friend's son. I was so angry, do I teach him to give as good as he gets or what other ways are there. I just think If you hit, expect to be hit back. Any other angles would be appreciated as my son is a big softie and needs to be toughened up. How do I do it?

JZ mum to Bradley 17/08/03 and Heidi 25/02/06

My son is also not a bully but I don't think that makes him a big softie and I don't think kids need to be 'toughened up' no offence but that's where all the bullying starts, when parents encourage their kids to be violent. I'm not saying my boys a sook by any means but if another kid hits him it's my job as a mother of a toddler to let the mother of the child know that it's not ok. Sure when he's older I wont be fighting his battles for him but by then I hope he'll have learned that fighting isn't the way to get what you want.
I'm sorry and I really didn't mean to offend anyone but violence and fighting are not really big with me at the momment.

Lee. Mum of William 1/1/04 & Lily 10/8/05

hi
my lil boy is a bit tough i must admit but only o the point that he holds his own. We went to a play centre once and my boy was 1 1months old. a kid about 4 wouldnt let him look at something and he smacked him. Ash just stared at him and persiste din trying to look. Mind u i was horrified and looked for the kids mother, wheni couldnt see her i told him he was wring and not to touch my son again. Ash toddled off to hop onto a lil bike, as he did another big kid came swooping down, shoved ash fluying and stole his bike. Ash looked at me and i said dont just sit there bub, its like he understood he got up and chased the bike trying to push him off! lol Now i dont encourage this nehaviour in big kids, but my sone was 11 months old! he is now 14 months old and if he smacks or hurts another kid i pull him away and will def teach him its wroing once he can understand me.

Ashton 13/8/04, dylan 27/8/05, #3 due 22/9/07

Sign in to follow this topic