Huggies Forum

Switch to Nappy-Pants

for toilet training!

Learn more

Dad's changing rules Lock Rss

Hi my name is Kristy and i am a 24yr old mother of a beautiful 13mth old girl and we live in Arncliffe. I have a partner who loves to change the rules on his days off and throw my routine out the door.
I would like to know if there is anyone else out there who has this very same problem or has other problems they would like to chat about i think i have been through it all.
My email and msn address is kristy23517@hotmail.com

Love to hear from everyone

Kristy
Hey,
My partner does it the moment he steps in the door each night,but he doesn't even realise he does it. love to chat tiggerbubbles2003@hotmail.com

Tracy,Act/Nsw,2yr&1yr

Yep, my hubby does that too - doesn't it just get under your skin!!! I've said something a couple of times, but in the end I figure that he doesn't get to spend as much time with my son as I do and just like a lot of Dads, he likes being the fun guy - I can always remember my mum being the "mean" one and my dad being the "fun" one - can you? I think as long as he isn't putting the routene out of sync but too far eg: moving bedtime by an hour or so, or letting her do things you really disagree on like maybe eating lollies or something, maybe just let it slide and enjoy having a partner that wants to be involved with your baby so much.
OMG can i just say, i am 24 with a 13month old girl
and my middle name is kristy, sorry just weird.

I dont think my partner changes the rules so much as he doesnt know the rules. I am in charge of bed times, bath times and meal times. Probably not the best approach but i pretty much interupt him and do whatever needs to be done.

The whole routine started when she was a newborn, dad is alot more involved now but i just cant stop being the boss over all these things.

Leanne, Eliza Jade 17/1/05

Sign in to follow this topic