Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappy Pants

Learn More

Over it! Lock Rss

Just a big vent - no need to reply.
So my 2y/o daughter is getting toilet trained and is doing so well, but today has peed her pants 6 times! Also she broke her dummy so we threw it out and she hasnt asked for it since but she wont have calm time now. She is just so full on and it takes hours to get her to sleep!
I also have a newborn who wont sleep more then 30 mins at a time through the day and has reflux and wants to be held all day, so im getting NO time to do the housework let alone go to the toilet or shower!
Im sick of eating one handed and drinking a cold cuppa.
I cant go down the street without one screaming, doing the shopping is a nightmare full with bribes.

I know this is all part of motherhood and that its just a bad day but i just want to go back to work and not deal with this!
Then my DD will do my hair and cook me playdough food and reads to me and i just cry and feel guilty for saying these things, then to make me fell more guilty she play doctors with me and put a bandaide on my face to make me feel better. "all better now mummy, no more crying" she says.
And wheres my money tree so i can go get a pedicure and massage!
sounds like one of those days that we all have, and dont worry about the guilt for feeling what you feel, its all part of motherhood. i dont know hwo to stop feeling guilty, as i feel it too, but have learnt just to let the feeling go and not to dwell on it.

it wont be the last "bad day" you have so i guess all you can do is to smile when you can, when you DD does all those nice things let her know how happy she makes you so she knows you are happy. i hope you feel better just getting it all out and having a vent and if thats what you need to do, then do it. you know it doesn't make you a bad mum, and if you need someone to tell you that then, you are NOT a bad mum!!!!!

i know going back to work seems like the easy way now, but there is guilt associated with that to, well, there was for me. i couldn't wait to go back to work, and when DS1 was 1, i bawled my eyes out after dropping him at daycare for the first time, thinking i was the worst mother in the world. now, pregnant with #3, i cant wait to have at least 6 months off, but i'm sure i will feel the same as you and want to come back to work for the break.

just remember, tomorrow is a new day, start it off on a positive note and see how things go.

Good luck!
I know what you mean! I have a 5 week old with reflux and a 4 year old. I guess the 4 year old gets it a bit more than a 2 year old but I'm so over not having time for me. Bubs is asleep at the moment but thinking he'll be up fairly soon. My 4 year old is playing on couch next to me and for once not chanting "mummy mummy" until i reply. Guess the internet is the closest thing we get to having time to ourselves smile

Just a big vent - no need to reply.
So my 2y/o daughter is getting toilet trained and is doing so well, but today has peed her pants 6 times! Also she broke her dummy so we threw it out and she hasnt asked for it since but she wont have calm time now. She is just so full on and it takes hours to get her to sleep!
I also have a newborn who wont sleep more then 30 mins at a time through the day and has reflux and wants to be held all day, so im getting NO time to do the housework let alone go to the toilet or shower!
Im sick of eating one handed and drinking a cold cuppa.
I cant go down the street without one screaming, doing the shopping is a nightmare full with bribes.

I know this is all part of motherhood and that its just a bad day but i just want to go back to work and not deal with this!
Then my DD will do my hair and cook me playdough food and reads to me and i just cry and feel guilty for saying these things, then to make me fell more guilty she play doctors with me and put a bandaide on my face to make me feel better. "all better now mummy, no more crying" she says.
And wheres my money tree so i can go get a pedicure and massage!

It can be really hard having them close together! Mine are 16months apart and a bit older now so I can tell you you will get through it!!

Just a suggestion, not telling you what to do, why don't you put her toilet training on hold? give yourself one less stress to worry about.
Could you try a toy to calm her instead of the dummy?

I had two catnappers also and have heard there are many things to fix them but I never got around to using anything and they eventually grew out of it.

Could you just go for a walk around your area? would be good to get out for yourself and good for the kids.

Good luck with it all if you need to chat or vent again we are here!
aww hun ur not alone!

They say it is hard adjusting and going from no kids to a baby....but they forget to mention how difficult & testing going form one to two is!!!! it is a completely different ball game & IMO alot harder!!!

hang in there it will get better smile
Sign in to follow this topic