Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappy Pants

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Toddler
  4. Toddlers & Relationships
  5. Hitting her sister... how can I make it stop?!

Hitting her sister... how can I make it stop?! Lock Rss

Hi everyone.

I'm mum to two girls and my 2yr old won't stop hitting her 4mth old sister. I need advice. I seem to have tried everything - talking to her, books about new babies and big sisters, removing her from the situation, spending time just with her ( when possible), taking away a favourite toy as punishment, using time-out (for the first time ever!) til I've got the undesirable outcome of yelling at her. She doesn't seem to hit her to hurt her but it's still not okay. I'm just so lucky my 4mth old is so happy and easy-going.

I've tried each thing consistently but I'm just getting so frustrated. Some days I even start wondering why I bother thinking of fun stuff for us to do when even after an afternoon spent playing together she'll end it by hitting her sister.

Does anyone else have any suggestions? I don't want to be a mum that just yells at their children.

Thanks.
Arn't kids great

I dont really know what to say but I found time out and a smack stoped my son. But I dont really know each child is diffent.

hope it stops soon.

Mum to 5 amazing gifts from God. 3 girls 2 boys

Here I am thinking it is only my lovely 2 1/2 yr old that does that sort of thing. She is the perfect angel when we are out but turns into ferral beryl when we get home and hits her 3mth old sister or lays on top of her.

I have tried doing just activites with my toddler and craming as much into the bubs sleep time as I can but when I have to stop and feed her or pick her up when she is crying the behaviour starts.

My mum tells me I am too hard on my eldest since bubs has arrived but I can't put up with her accidently hurting her sister.

Time out seems to work best for us but some nights it seems she is on the time out spot more than she is with the rest of the family.

I have borrowed a couple of books on toddler behaviou but I am yet to get any answers.
Good luck.

Danielle, N.S.W

Sign in to follow this topic