for toilet training!

Learn more
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Toddler
  4. Toddlers & Relationships
  5. Wont let me out of his sight

Wont let me out of his sight Rss

Help!!! my 21 month old Jesse, is very jealous and wont let me out of his sight, even at home, he gets very jealous if i am talking, sitting, or cuddle to my husband and not paying him (jesse) attention. at the momoment he is at a stage where he wont be out of the same room as me, makes it very hard trying to do anything around the house as he is always at my feet and wanting to be picked up. he does go to day care 2 days a week, while i am at work (which he screams the day care centre down when i leave, he never used to do this) but the rest of the time he is with me. any advise would be fantastic. thanks

Karen , Mum to Jesse 21/7/03, QLD

Hi Karen,

My 18 month old twin girl has just started this behaviour to!!! Its been happening for a few weeks now, that whenever I walk out of the room, even into the kitchen (which has a gate) she just screams until I'm back into view. She doesn't do it with my husband, only me. I am wondering if its another stage of separation anxiety! Don't worry its driving me nuts to. I feel like she is screaming all day. Her brother doesn't care where I am. So I don't really know.

Sue

Susan twinmum boy/girl Oct 2003

My 13 mth is the same and always has been.
She wont even stay with her dad while i get up. It upsets me and her dad.

Kelly, W.A, Kasey 1

Post deleted by administrator.
Sue
i'm pleased that it is not just me... i was starting to wonder what i was doing wrong

thanks everyone for your advise, it makes it a tiny bit easier to know that other mum's go through this to because at the moment it felt like it must be just me so i will try to keep being patient, firm, loving, attentive and not so stressed all at once (if there is such a thing) smile but really thank you.

Hi Karen,

We have a psychologist associated with her deaf intervention group. I spoke to her the other day about Madeline's behaviour. She said that profoundly deaf kids scream a lot. Maddy is only mild to moderate loss and she said that it probably is attention seeking behaviour. I told her that I couldn't even put the kettle on without her screaming. The psychologist said all I can do is tell her what I'm going to do and then just go do it.

I have also been thinking that she has had lots of changes lately. I've dropped them done to one nap, increased the use of her hearing aids and she is teething again.

Sue

thanks sue,
now that i think about it i have been making changes in jesse's day, trying to get him to sleep in a bed instead of a cot, and also trying to get rid of the night time bottle as well as his 2yr old teeth are starting to come through, so i guess all of this doesn't help.

Hi Karen,

I know I feel that it sometimes takes ages to problem solve with the kids. You never get the time to sit and think through things. Maddy was soaking through every night for weeks. I couldn't understand what was going on...........then I thought Oh, yes, thats right she sleeps on her tummy. Maybe if I put Toms nappies on her it will work. SUPRISE it did and she doesn't wet thru anymore.

Sue

Sign in to follow this topic