Huggies Forum

Switch to Nappy-Pants

for toilet training!

Learn more

time for bed Rss

When is a good time to move a child to a big bed? My daughter is a great sleeper, we have a book and then a 2min cuddle then down into her cot with her bear and she just rolls over and thats it for day or night sleep. She has never climbed out of the cot either. But I am unsure as to when to try a big bed bacause I fear she will all of a sudden get out and not sleep.

Bec. Mum to Jade (June 03) and Makai (July 06)

HI
I put my daughter into a big bed 3mths after she turned 2 yrs old, we bought a bed rail as I was worried she would fall out in the night as she was quite a restless sleeper with moving around alot, but she did great in a bed and only got up when it was morning as she has always slept through the night only waking when she is unwell. I know some of my friends use to put their children around the same age of 2 in a bed during day sleeps to get use to it first before doing night time, but we just did all sleeps straight of and for us it worked well. So you may just have to try it out and see how you go. Good Luck.

hi i put my son into a bed at round 18mths, i started it slow, firts for day time sleeps for 2 weeks then with lots of warning night time sleeps, Jesse's bed is low to the ground he fell out once and that was it.

Karen , Mum to Jesse 21/7/03, QLD

We gradually moved our 19 month old to a bed. We removed the side of her cot first so that she was in familiar surroundings and it wasn't very high (adjustable base to the cot) for about 2 weeks then I moved her to the bed which was already in her room and filled the cot/bed up with all her stuffed toys so that there was no room for her to sleep in it. She tried to get into it once but was quite good staying in the big bed. Siobhan rolls around a bit so we just put an extra matress on the floor next to her. She never fell out though. We've now moved her intot he same room as her brother and put the bed back to a bunk bed as we have relatives staying with us soon and they will use her room. She loves it. Tries waking her brother up as soon as she gets up but she can't climb the ladder to get to him. lol

Andrae,WA - Liam, Siobhan and Erin

Sign in to follow this topic