Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappy Pants

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

another baby? Lock Rss

my little boy has just turned seventeen months and i am thinking of having another one.my husband and i absolutely adore our boy but i dont know how well i will cope with 2.is it harder or easier with 2?a friend of mine said it is easier but i dont believe it. my husband works full time and i dont get much help from any family members, but would love to give my boy a playmate.

angela,vic,3years old toddler

I have a 2yr old and a 9 week old and i reckon like your friend it is easier with two. I found anyway the first 2 weeks were hard but after that i am enjoying motherhood more this time around rather than the first. I loved it the first time around but i love it more now.

Kate, 4yr old girl, 2yr old boy &2 week old Caleb

Hi angela

I have a 2 year old, a 9 month old and am 7 weeks pregnant with #3.

It's not easier, but can be easy if you have a good routine. Obviously we haven't found it difficult, we've gone back for another!!!

As for help around hte house, hubby's a police officer who has loads of overtime and works shifts. When he's home he spends so much time with the boys and does so much with them, we really are lucky. But that's where routine comes in again. My 2 year old knows what happens when, so eveything runs smoothly.

Good luck with your decision

Dette, DS 06.03, DS 10.04, DD 03.06 & Due Sept 07!

My eldest was 2yr 8mth when I gave birth to Jacob. I found it harder being pregnant with a small child than since Jacob has been born. Some days it is hard, on others it is great. Now Jacob is older,16mths, it is great because the boys play together really well. Sleepless nights and getting up to two hypo kids can be hard. Shopping is a nightmare...I try to avoid taking both of them together at all costs hahaha. But, like the other's have said...if you are organised and accept that there will be the odd bad day thrown in with all the good - which is the case if you have 1 child or 10 - then you will be fine. Try to be prepared before you have the baby with meals frozen etc and if you can afford a cleaner for the first few weeks then do it to give yourself time to rest. You will be ok and it is so great to see your two children cuddling and playing together. Luke has adored Jacob since day one and we were lucky there were no major adjustment dramas. Just make sure you involve you son in the whole baby process...if they are helping and feel important, they are less likely to get upset by the changes.

Mum to 4yr old and 16mth old boys

Hi lucasmum,

I have just recently had my 2nd baby. We now have a 26 month old and a 2 month old. Don't let anyone kid you...a 2nd child is a lot of hard work. It's not so much the new baby that is hard work, but the 2 year old!! Trying to juggle spending good time with my two year old (and she is starting to do all those wonderful exciting things) but still find time to bond with my new baby is difficult. It has also been hard to keep up the toilet training for my 2 year old when I have the baby. I have kept my 2 year old in child care for 2 days a week so that I can get a few things done like grocery shopping. I wouldn't dream of taking both the toddler and the baby to the shops at the same time on my own. Whilst it will be hard for the next 2 years, the dividends will pay off for my kids in the future as it will be lovely for them to have a sibling so close in age.

Janet, QLD, 26mth and 2mth

Sign in to follow this topic