Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappy Pants

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

STAY AT HOME MUMS Lock Rss

HI EVERYONE,
MY LITTLE BOY IS 18 MONTHS OLD AND I AM A STAY AT HOME MUM.I LOVE BEING AT HOME AND LOOKING AFTER LUCAS WHICH AT TIMES CAN BE A HANDFUL.IM JUST WANDERING WHETHER ANYONE SAW TODAY TONIGHT ON CHANNEL 7. THEY WHERE ESTIMATING THAT US MUMS THAT STAY AT HOME SHOULD BE EARNING 70 THOUSAND DOLLARS A YEAR FOR THE AMOUNT OF WORK WE DO. OH, WOULDNT THAT BE WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!.ID LOVE TO HEAR FROM ANY OTHER STAY AT HOME MUMS. ITS HARD UNPAID WORK ISNT IT?

angela,vic,3years old toddler

Hi, I am a stay at home mum for 2 1/2 years now and like you I love my little boy but yeah it's tough at times. Most of the time it's delightful but every now and then I wonder what it's like to do things like go to the toilet by yourself and actually drink a whole cup of tea. $70000 would be amazing and I think if there was a job in the paid workforce that required the amount of effort being a good mum requires you'd be hard pressed getting anyone to do it. Having said that it is a labour of love and I do it because I want to. Each and every day I thank my lucky stars that I was blessed with my son and I wouldn't change it for anything.
Angela,
I'm a stay at home mum of Maddison 5 on 30th August, Lleyton turned 2 on 25th of June and Ellie whos just turned 8 months, even though they all drive me absolutely crazy most days I wouldn't have it any other way, I chose to have children so why should I allow anyone else to raise them(not that other mums feel that way) I just feel strongly aqbout staying at home, my best friend also with 3 children, 5rs,3yrs and 2yrs old is the same. And yes if we got paid for what we actually did WE ALL WOULD BE RICH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!iF ONLY.....LOL!

Belinda

BelindaQld, 4 children (1 in heaven)

Hi everyone,

I am a single stay at home mum to a 13month old boy. before i had my son i worked in childcare and thought how working in childcare would maybe make things a little easier on me as a mother and boy was i wrong!! i could look after a whole centre full of toddlers and go home feeling fine. but looking after 1 child at home is crazy. and i even feel that some friends don't understand how tough it is (childless friends) i love my son to bits and could'nt imagine myself without him. some days i breeze through but some days i struggle. i now know that behing a Mother is by far the most demanding job anybody can do. and at the moment i am trying the Controlled crying method to get him to stay in his cot rather than sleeping with me.

kelly, NSW

Hi everyone out there:-),
I love being a stay home mum as I have twins Nicholas and Emma. Although the pay isn't the same as working the payout is much better. Just think about how much you'd miss if you went back to work. Well this is how a think about being a stay home mum.
Martina

Martina, QLD, mum of twins Nicholas & Emma 3yrs

Hi,
I am a stay at home mum for my 12 month old boy!
It is very tough, but yeah i wouldn't swap it for the world! The money would be great, but by the time i paid out child care, i would only come out $20 better off. My sister in law thinks i have an easy life that my husband doesn't make me go to work(not that he would, he loves it that i'm home with his little boy), but she really has no idea. Obviously she has no kids, otherwise she wouldn't be whinging that she works and i don't, not to mention the amount of money she gets paid to be there!
Hang in there everyone, we won't regret it when they are older and we got to watch them grow up and watch them take their first step! Although it's hard and not high paying, i think it is the best job in the world and don't regret a second that i am staying at home with my precious boy!
Email me at [email protected] if you ever need to have a chat!

kelly, NSW, 4year old and 2 year old boys and expe

I WOULD JUST LIKE TO SAY THANKYOU TO ALL THE MUMS THAT HAVE REPLIED.ITS GREAT TO BE A STAY AT HOME MUM AND VERY REWARDING AS YOU DONT MISS OUT ON WATCHING YOUR CHILDREN GROW.ONE THING THAT I HAVE FOUND IS THAT I HAVE FELT A LITTLE ISOLATED AT TIMES.MY MUM HAS BEEN VERY SICK WITH CANCER SINCE LUCAS WAS BORN.I DO TAKE LUCAS TO INDOOR PLAYCENTRES AND HE LOVES GOING. HE ALSO GOES TO DAYCARE ONE DAY A WEEK.ITS REALLY THE ONLY TIME HE PLAYS WITH CHILDREN HIS AGE AND IT ALSO GIVES ME A BREAK AS WELL. LUCAS HASNT GOT ANY COUSINS TO PLAY WITH OR SIBLINGS AS YET.

BYE HAPPY PARENTING
LUCASMUM

angela,vic,3years old toddler

Is that 70,000 per child? I've just found out when i have my fourth i'll get extra family assist of course, but i'll also get a whole $10.39 a fortnight extra 'to help with the costs of having a large family'. I don't expect the gov to support me and think i do quite well from them, but gee some stuff is funny! I just want sick leave!
Nobody asks me what i do all day anymore, I think they finally realise i'm busy. But as for all the mums who tote their kids off to daycare five days a week for 10 hour days, them complain about how hard and expensive it is to raise kids-don't to me, i think i'd rip your head off!

Kelly, 22, 1 @ 25/1/04, 2 @9/3/05, [email protected]/4/06

Hi lucasmum
"Dr Phil" would agree with you totally. If you watch the show you would know that when the topic comes up he is always very supportive of stay at home mums. His standard comment is: stay at home mums work the equivalent of two full-time jobs! How about that!

SB

Hi,
I would love to be a SAHM but unfortunately I need to work 2 days a week to pay our mortgage. We are actually thinking of relocating so I can be a SAHM. Fortunately, my mum babysits my daughter when I work.
The trouble I have is that SAHMs regard me as a working mum and working mums regard me as a SAHM. I find it really tough trying to do all the household tasks, work and spend quality time with my daughter. If I worked FT I could afford a cleaner/ironing person to free up some time and if I was a true SAHM I wouldn't feel guilty if I picked up the vacuum cleaner or duster or tried to have a quiet time in the day just for me. I take DD to swimming and would love to go to play group with her but I just don't have enough days in the week.
Any ideas on how I can balance this situation? I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Carly - mummy to Alyssa, Ava and Mason

I class myself as a SAHM, although i do paid work...I am a part time nanny for three children and my son comes to work with me. I have been nannying for the same family for five and a half years now and I am thankful that i have a a job and a boss that is flexible enough that I can take my DS to work with me (he has never been to daycare). Its great, my DS is 20 months old now and thinks it fantastic having other kids to play with. My DH made the mistake of saying that I didn't work and he earnt the money and how easy i had it, once, JUST ONCE, (I was on a break from nannying after having my DS), so i quietly turned to my computer and crunched some numbers and proudly presented him with an invoice for what he owed me for each week that i 'didn't work' looking after our DS, this also included a printout of my work conditions including super, tax and leave accrual (before i was a nanny i was also an accounts clerk among other things!!!), needless to say he owed me more than he earnt! And has never questioned what i do since, I have heard he boasts about me...SO HE SHOULD!!!!

Jade, QLD, DS Sept 04, #2 due 06/08/07

Hi lucasmum I am home with my daughter Jaye all the time and I love being home but sometimes I wish I was working so I could have a break from her for one day and talk to other mums and not just baby talk and Jaye is one now and it is hard work being a mum but its worth it and it would be nice to be paid but I do get paid when my daughter smiles at me and giggles and runs around the house.

Tracey,Jaye (girl)12/06/05, Sam (boy)10/07/09

Sign in to follow this topic