Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappy Pants

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Toddler behaviour Lock Rss

I have a very active and highly energetic 20 month old boy. Its our first child. Lately he has become very clingy, and wont leave his dad alone when we go out for social dinners with other families. Taking him out shopping or for doctor's appointments has been a quite an issue for a while now anyways. But now it seems that this is becoming worse as he does nothing except cry and throw tantrums when we visit, particulary at large gatherings. He starts wailing himself if some other child cries and doesnt tolerate noise. Any suggestions as to how to make him behave in public? Also do you think putting him in an occasional care for a few hours will have a positive impact on him? It is becoming a battle on a daily basis now and I was just wondering how to deal with this extremely frustrating behaviour. Looking forward to all the help I can get. Thanks a lot in advance.

stay at of home mom of 1, melb

HI MARYA,
I HAVE AN 18 MONTH OLD BOY WHO IS ALSO VERY ACTIVE AND KEEPS ME ON THE GO.MAYBE IF YOU TAKE HIM SHOPPING OR TO THE DOCTORS YOU CAN TAKE A FAVOURITE TOY WITH YOU SO HE CAN HAVE A PLAY.MAYBE GIVE HIM A SPECIAL TREAT TO EAT.MY LITTLE BOY LOVES SULTANAS OR EVEN A BISCUIT.MY LITTLE BOY GOES TO DAYCARE ONE DAY A WEEK. ITS GREAT FOR THEM TO INTERACT WITH OTHER CHILDREN. HE DIDNT LIKE IT AT FIRST BUT LOVES IT NOW.MAYBE YOU CAN PUT HIM IN DAYCARE AND SEE HOW HE GOES.ANYWAY GOOD LUCK. PARENTING CAN BE VERY CHALLENGING AT TIMES!! BYE LUCASMUM

angela,vic,3years old toddler

Hi,

My son isn't much different. I dread going out, mainly to the doctors appointments but it obviously must happen. I tend to put him in his pram because I find it much easier to control him physically but he is very wrestles and cries and makes such a big fuss that it is embarassing most of the time., especially sitting and waiting in a quiet doctors surgery. Giving him things only makes things worse because he throws everything away. The only thing that keeps him quiet is his dummy, which I do use in emergencies like that. I see this happen at the shops all the time so many others are in the same boat. I wouldn't worry about it, it's just something they need to grow out of.

Mum to toddler

Sign in to follow this topic