Huggies Forum

Switch to Nappy-Pants

for toilet training!

Learn more

Dad dose nothing Rss

Hi all,

My hubby dose nothing when it comes to our bub. He dosent change nappies, bath, feed, you name it.

He was good for the first 3 months, but now i feel like a single parent. When we go out with friends i am expecrted to do everything. And i do everything around the house too, he dose not lift a finger. He dose work hard and i respect him for that but he says " all i do is sit at home and do nothing". I also feel my little girl dosent go to him much which upsets my hubby, but can you blame her?

Has anyone else experienced this?

Kelly, W.A, Kasey 1

My husband was starting to get like that so I went back to work 1 day a week when he wasn't working so that he would have to look after our little boy by himself. I can assure you his attitude soon changed. He now baths our little boy, feeds him breakfast in the mornings and does his share of the nappy changes.

At first I felt guilty about going back to work (even though it is only one day) but I now realise it was a good decision for us. It not only helps us finacially, but Robert and daddy get a whole day of bonding time without mummy interupting. And hubby now realises that staying at home with little ones is not as easy as he thought.

Keep in touch.

Trudie

Robert (31 Jan 04) & Jeremy (7 Dec 05 @30 weeks)

Thanx trudie, i'm glad im not the only one, i was thinking of going to work on a saturday to relive hubby!

Kelly, W.A, Kasey 1

That's the day that I work! Go for it....gives you a little space from the little one and a little extra pocket money.

Let us know what you decide

Trudie

Robert (31 Jan 04) & Jeremy (7 Dec 05 @30 weeks)

Had the same issue and was already back at work.
May be a little drastic but sure did get results!!

Hubby was the least to say.... libido overloaded, so I said I was too tired to make love at the end of the day because I had to work, cook, clean, organise the finances, run errands all while looking after our little one, but hinted that "if I had help in doing the things around the house OR taking miss off my hands for a while and spending some one on one time with her.... I might not be so tired...

The next day I arrived home from work to a clean house, dinner cooked, washing done and a happy toddler!!!
Haven't looked back since smile
Hello my Husband is the same he does nothing for our 2 kids.
our kids are aged 2 & 4 and my husband does nothing for them either and when he says to them to give him a kiss and a hug and they say no then he says well daddy wont buy you anything anymore.
That is so wrong.
Why does a child have to go to somebody why cant that person go to them?
Well i hope this helps.

Rachael- mum to Chloe 4 & Liam 2

I got that, I didn't see mind for months after my first he became distent, then when he finley came around he helped for a wile. He told me If he was working full time it would be the same and I would have to learn to dofend myself some time. He dose cook for me I don't cook well, Ive recently had my second and now he dose work only part time. He's a little bit more flexable and will take the kids if I want to go out its hard when he works, he works nights manly weekends ocasonly week days.

Ellison mum of two Jessica 4, patrick 7 months.

ellison30, Jessica 8 and patrick 4

Hi there,
I think if hubby didn't have his clothes washed, dinner cooked for him or any clean cups/plates for a few days (esp. the clothes), he'd soon realise how much you really do! Or go and stay with a parent for a week for a "holiday" (just you & bub of course) and let him fend for himself. That's what I would do!!! Good luck...

Kellie, mum to Emily 4yo, and Jack 21mths

hello,
My partner does nothing at all for our 16mth old also. He also has weekend visitations of his 4year old son from pervious relationship whom i have to look after aswell from feeding bathing to playing with and diciplan. It is soo hard looking after one basically as a single parent little own another thats not mine and the father who also acts like a child.
it's hard enough running a household and then to be told you do nothing all day makes you feel like crap.

rhiannon, layla 17mth

Hi Kaseysmum sometimes I think our partner's forget how much we do with our children and looking after the house and also being a great partner and maybe you need to sit down with him and explain to him that he needs to spend time with you and your daughter so she will go to him and play with and etc.

My partner was a selfish when our daughter was first born and I was doing everything around the house and also learning to be a mum and when she was about 2 months I told my partner off and I told him to start being a father and than he started to take notice of Jaye and its alot better now and maybe you need to let off some steam to him and maybe that might work and good luck.

Tracey,Jaye (girl)12/06/05, Sam (boy)10/07/09

Sign in to follow this topic