Huggies Forum

Switch to Nappy-Pants

for toilet training!

Learn more

baba sling/carriers??!! Lock Rss

hi guys i am due with number 2 in feb and i am definatly geting a sling this time round. my girlfriend has a baba sling and swears by it!!! i like the idea of discrete breast feeding in public and i am sure i will use it alot..( having a 2 year old and a newbie) what brands have u tried and reccomend or hated? any comments welcome. thanxs guys........

24 year old mum to 2 beautiful girls

we used the hug a bub and it was great can be a bit tricky to tie and first but doesn't take too long to master.

Steph

btw you can use this one up to age 4 or something - different tying. I am yet to try this with my 18mth old

Steph VIC Mummy to one gorgeous boy

Hi Rebecca,

I have a Baba sling and it's the best!! There's so many ways you can use them and you can use them up to about age 3. I guess it depends on weight.

My DH put DS (2yrs) in it the other day because he was sick of carrying him in the shops. He had him in the piggy back position - it leaves your hands free. We had to turf out the newborn - he's lighter anyway smile We do have a Baby Bjorn carrier but DS always screamed when he was in it - I've since given it to my sister.

I did see a post on this site about that style of carrier failing and almost dropping the baby. I hate to scare anyone but it is something to think of.

I always found that bubs would sleep better and longer when they were in the sling. Once they get a bit older you can move them so that they can see out - DS would start squwirming until we sat him up a bit so he could check out the scenery.

See if you can borrow one off a friend for a day and see how you like/hate it. Everybody has a different preference.

Good Luck

I used a Comfy carry, loved the sling idea but thought the design needed some fixing, so am currently playing around with my own design. Hopefully have it finished soon!

Kelly, 22, 1 @ 25/1/04, 2 @9/3/05, 1@5/4/06

http://www.choice.com.au/viewarticleasonepage.aspx?id=103548&catId=100531&tid=100008&p=1

Choice has tested a few and rated them on this page. I have a Baby Bjorn Active (not tested but fabulous, with even more back and shoulder support than the Original Bjorn) and a Natures Sway Sling.

Choice rates the Original Baby Bjorn the best and the Natures Sway and the Babasling the worst.

I agree with alot of what they say about the Natures Sway but I found the sling was great with baby 1 who cried alot. He hated the pram and the upright carrier and this was one way to get him too sleep. I agree that it was an uneven weight and sometimes uncomfortable on your shoulder when bubs got heavier but when you've got a crier you'll do anything right?. Also there is an age where it is hard to lay them down or sit them up 4-6 months where they want to look butdont have the head control.

I would recommend the Baby Bjorn Active available at Babies Galore at the moment for $189.95 but they have 10% off from Saturday.

Hayley, NSW, Liam 07/02, Beth 09/04, Nate 03/06

I used a cool sling from mothersdirect.com.au
was great

Mum to twin girls 3yrs

Sign in to follow this topic