Huggies Forum

Switch to Nappy-Pants

for toilet training!

Learn more

Indoor play centres Lock Rss

I take my daughter and another child i look after to an indoor play centre in my area, and i was wondering if it annoys anyone else that you cant take your own food in there??? I mean i dont want to sound snooty but Neena has to have a fairly controlled diet because of a few issues and i dont think she should go hungry or miss out on playing there. I understand that they are trying to make money but i pay my $7 entrance per child and i think thats fair enough.
I've been to a couple and they are all the same but Thursday i was told by one of the workers to pack up Neena's strawberries because i didn't buy them there, mind you they dont sell them, only junk food.
HELP ME!! Am i being silly or is it a bit unfair??

Sarah,VIC 18mth daughter

Hi,

I am so with you on this one. Generally we won't take our kids there now for that reason. The food is over priced and 99% is all junk food.

No your not silly, in fact very smart,

Tepe

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

I took my kids to one like that a couple of months ago, and I was really offended when told to put away my toddlers biscuit after paying the entrance fee, and buying food for my older child and coffee for hubby and myself. Needless to say we dont go there anymore. I dont know what area you are in but Planet Kids in Mornington Vic is great. They dont mind you bringing in your own food and you get points each time you go there, to redeem for a free coffee, half price or free entry.
I agree, you are not silly. The food is definitely overpriced and 99% junk food. They should not be allowed to stop you bringing food in for babies and toddlers, especially if they have special dietry(spelling!!) needs. Why should we be forced to buy their food which is probably high in fat, sugar and salt.
There should be a law to stop them doing this, does anyone out there know who we can contact to make formal complaints? >:-<

Vic, 2 girls - 9 yo & 17mth old

Hi "like minded mummies",

I would also like to know if there is something we can do to stop this unfairness of garbage food! They are onto school canteens finally, so i am sure this would be an interesting topic to complain and debate about!

My daughter still only has water most of the time, as is recommended by all health experts, and only really eats all 100% healthy food! So that leads me to say that there is nothing available for her to eat or drink (of course she has her water sipper cup, and they would know about it if they refused that)!

So, as it stands at the moment, we still don't go!

Tepe

Its so good to hear that i am not being silly or as some people say, an overprotecting first time mother!
I went again over the weekend and was again told to put away Neena's fruit but this time i said, "when you offer fruit, i'll buy it". I didn't bother to put it away and they sent the manager over who i explained my situation to, he said they cant change to rules for one person so Neena and i wont be returning there, needless to say!!!
I think its great that they offer coffees and such and i nalmost always buy one or at least a drink, proberbly because of gulit, but not being able to bring in my own food has really put me off and more to the point, the ignorance of the manager... i'm not the only person who feels this way.
If anyone knows a good play centre in south-east melbourne where they are a little more fair, let me know please!
Im more than willing to pay entrance fees and to buy suitable toddler food of the menu if they offer it! (and im not talking about LITTLE bags of chips and LITTLE chocolate bars!!!!!!)

Sarah,VIC 18mth daughter

if they are gonna be like that....LOL

you should return and demand all your entrance fees back...LOL

that would make heads roll....

lol what about a bag of dog poo and burn it on their door steps... nah i cant help being nasty i HATE people walking all over me.

i went right off in public when i seen a lady having a meal at a pub (it was in the eating area) she was trying to breast feed her baby and the publican had a go at her and made her go outside (this was before i had a baby of my own) and then he proceeded to follow her outside and have another go at her not to sit out the front i went right off. he never had another go at her again.

i aint to violent or dont say very many colourful words but that really peed me off.

narelle

Narelle, Eilish 5th june 2002 TTC since dec 2002

This sounds horrible!!! I was wanting to take my son there to play one day and when I read this I went and checked out our indoor play centre and they said NO OUTSIDE FOOD!!!!!! what a joke I can't belive they can be like this I hope someone can find the place we can complain to. Good luck finding a plce to go to.
Hi All

I find Lollipops good, I take my own food there & drinks for the past 4 years & no one has said anything to me.

Bec
I agree about Lollipops. We have one recently opened near us and they do not seem to mind you bringing your own food. And what's more as I took my son in in a pram they assumed he was under 12 months and it only cost us $3-LOL!!

Kelly,QLD, boy 23.01.03 and girl 08.04.05

Hiya,

So where are these Lollipops??? I am on the Central Coast, NSW , i have never heard of them.

Lets hope they are a growing chain!

Take care,

Tepe

Hi guys,

I go to an indoor play centre in Geelong, called Jungle Junior, & I always take my kids food & have never been questioned.
These people need to realise we just don't want our kids eating "junk" all the time, also it can become quite costly.

Cheers.

Michelle - Mum to 2

Sign in to follow this topic