Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappy Pants

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

baby nescessities Lock Rss

We have decided to try for bub no. 2 next month which will make Maya 25mths when she/he is born. Just wondering if others think I could get away without buying another cot, carseat and double pram. My thinking is I can use Maya's birth-6mth carseat for bub and after this Maya might be ready for a booster, the bub could be in the cradle until about 6mth and then Maya might be ready for big bed and I could carry bub in baby bjorn with Maya in her stroller??? Will this work? What are other experiences, would really like to save the cash if possible...

DD#1- 2004, DD#2 -2006, DD#3 -23/10/08.

Hi

Firstly good luck for TTC we have just started trying for our third child!

My two daughters are 17 months apart and the big things extra I bought are:

Single bed for the oldest one
Cradle (second hand)
Toddler seat for pram
Chest of Drawers (for new baby's clothes)

My oldest girl went into a big bed at about 20 months and then my baby went into the cot. She was in the cradle in our room till she was 3 months.
I have a small stroller that I use for quick trips to the shops so I would put baby in the sling and the toddler in the stroller. With food shopping I used to use the sling too.

The toddler seat was and still is very handy for longer trips and for walks to the park. Now that my baby is a bit older she sometimes sits in the toddler seat while the older one walks around.

We are also like to save money where possible and I have managed so far with what I had before plus those few extras I mentioned.

Hope this gives you some ideas!

Kristi

4 lovely munchkins DD 10/03, DD 03/05, DS 10/06 &

Thank you for bringing up this topic! I have the same question, Emily will be 20 months when our second is born, so I am looking at exactly the same stuff and wondering what to do about a bed and when to move her. I have borrowed my sister's baby bjorn carrier, which she absolutely loved, so hopefully I will be able to get away with using that and and pusher. Our pusher is a three wheeler, but probably the only one on the market that cannot take a toddler seat, silly us we didn't think this far ahead when we bought it.
Thank you for all the answers, they are just what I was thinking of doing. Most likely get a new car seat for Emily and the baby can use her seat, although I like to use a capsule, ( I did with Em and it was the best thing I loved it. ) for a while before we fork out for a new car seat. Emily is 10 kgs now so I wouldn't have a clue what would suit her, best just to wait and see.
Still not sure on the bed thing and when to make the move. Any ideas?

Jo, Emily 2/9/04 & Will 13/5/06

My first 2 are 25 months apart.

I bough DS a maxirider car seat as it was on special (I find it OK for an older child but not much support while sleeping - would not really recommend it for a younger child - although we are using it for ours now) and put DD in his convertable car seat. I would not bother with a maxirider (or similar) if your DD is 16/17kgs or so when bub is born as a booster seat is so much cheaper!!

DS was in a toddler bed (bought second hand with matress for $100) at 20 months so DD was in the cradle for a month or so then went in the cot.

I am facing a dilema now though as I am pregnant again and will have an 18 month gap this time.

I have moved DS now 17kgs into a booster seat, DD is in the maxirider (only just as she is 15 months but only 9kgs - minimum 8kgs requirement) and bub will go in the convertable restraint.

I have gone out and bought a double pram but thats my only purchase so far.

The new bub will stay in the cradle for 4 months or so and we will go from there. I don't want to push DD into the toddler bed before she is ready (also don't want the associated sleep problems). If it gets to the stage of needing another cot I may try and borrow a friends or get the one from my in-laws (an old metal hospital cot).

Best wishes in your TTC.

Hayley, NSW, Liam 07/02, Beth 09/04, Nate 03/06

Good Luck with TTC...My daughter has just turned 1 and im so clucky but its so soon.
It coule be hard carrying bub around in sling all the time...Maybe invest in a double pram???
But everything else you could use. they say to put kids into a big bed at around 2 yrs but maybe teach her a little bit b4 that and she will go in easier!

Kez Mum2 Skye(6/2/05) & Jordan (7/5/07)

Sign in to follow this topic