Huggies Forum

Switch to Nappy-Pants

for toilet training!

Learn more

Booster Seat help please Lock Rss

ok so i know its 14kg for a booster seat, but what age is it?

Chops is just over 15kg, and 21months old.

Ive seen a great one on sale at Toys R Us with the Harness, so just wondering if i get it how long til he can use it age wise.

He is a big boy, really tall (not sure of height, but he is starting to go past the shoulder straps in his car seat)

Help Please!!!!

Cheers Big Ears!

xoxoxo

i dont know that there is an age limit
LA78 is the expert.

But the h harness are for 18 kg plus...he should still be in a 5 point harness till then/

So your options are the maxirider, and the infa sentor (think thats what its called) from target. That i know of anyway

Straps should be not more than 2.5cm below shoulder level and once his eyes are level with the top of his seat he is too tall for it (the seat moulding not the padding)

ETA its not an age thing more height and weight
[Edited on 17/06/2008]
ah cool thanks for that Tam, i didnt know about the limit for the harness, shouldnt the booster seat be the same then! lol. I wouldnt use a booster without a harness, yet they are different. Weird!

I think i might grab it and put it away for him when he hits 2, you have seen him, Chops is a solid boy lol,, im sure he wont be far off 18kg!

I say he would still fit his seat until at least 2 years or xmas this year.

Thanks hun!

Posted by: ·Tam·
LA78 is the expert.

But the h harness are for 18 kg plus...he should still be in a 5 point harness till then/

So your options are the maxirider, and the infa sentor (think thats what its called) from target. That i know of anyway

Straps should be not more than 2.5cm below shoulder level and once his eyes are level with the top of his seat he is too tall for it (the seat moulding not the padding)

ahaha - I was backing out of this as you were typing! I'm tired and my brain hurts so I couldn't think of how to answer.

Tam has pretty much covered it. I don't think there is an 'age' rule, but I would definitely recommend looking at something with a 5pt harness for a while yet.

The Target one is the Hipod Senator. It is made by Britax in the Maxi Rider mould, but doesn't have the cup holders etc and is probably a cheaper fabric. I got this one for DS and it works great for us.
Zebby get one of the two LA has mentioned...as they will do him from now right up to 26 kg (so until he is old enough to use as adult seat belt without a booster).

The one from target is often on sale for around $270
ah there you are L*!

ok cool, so how much was that? At least i can layby at Target.

I just saw the harness advertised for 14kg, not 18kg, so now im really lost lol.

How old is Little Man S*? When did you put him in the seat?

Posted by: ·Tam·
Zebby get one of the two LA has mentioned...as they will do him from now right up to 26 kg (so until he is old enough to use as adult seat belt without a booster).

The one from target is often on sale for around $270

LOL i just asked this question.

The one i was looking at is up to 26kg too.

Does the ones L* mentioned have the 5 point harness or just the harness? Im having dramas with Coopys 5 point harness fitting him properly at the moment, shoulder and leg wise lol.

They both have 5 point harnesses and then change to the H harness when they reach 18kg.

There is no 'law' governing when kids can use the h harness hence why they can market them at 14kg +...but its not recommended till they reach 18 kg, they are safer in the 5 point till then.

Take chops to the shop and 'try them on'.
Cool thanks for that Tam.

Ive just seen on the telly that tomoz night on Channel 9 News there will be a story on finding the right car seat, so ill see what they recommend and go from there. Perfect timing! lol

Cheers babe!

Zeb I got mine when Target had a big sale not too long ago (I got a capsule too Woohoo!!!). I can't remember the price - it was in the mid $200's though.

It does have the 5pt harness. S would have been fine in his carseat probably for another 6mths - his head was pretty much level with the top of the seat so he had about 1-2 inches left he could grow. But the part of the harness that you pull to tighten it had started to frey so we had to get a new one.

The Hipod has a recline option and I actually find he sleeps better in it than he did in the carseat.

What is the model that Toys R Us have?
hey zebby my daughter just turned tall and shes about 13kg and she is in a booster seat, she is a tall kid and it was uncomfortable for her to be in a car seat so we got and the booster where u put the sash across it and the child i think as long as they are in there good and propper and cant fall out then it should be fine.
Sign in to follow this topic