Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappy Pants

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Toddler
  4. Toddler Accessories & Equipment
  5. Games to play, without toys & accessories

Games to play, without toys & accessories Lock Rss

Hi

Does anyone have any suggestions on activities and games to play with a toddler, that don't necessarily involve toys, like singing a song with actions? I'm looking for some fresh ideas for playtime with my 16mth old son.
Hi Heidi
I got a book from the library the other day called 'Games to play with Toddlers' by Jackie Silberg. It caters mainly for 1-2 yearolds. It has a few good ideas in it She has also written a few other books along the same lines so maybe check your local library for some of these.

Kelly,QLD, boy 23.01.03 and girl 08.04.05

Hi Heidi,

Some song ideas with actions....

*Wheels on the bus go round and round, doors go open and shut, wipers go swish swish, i am sure you get my drift!

*Here we go round the mulberrybush. Dance around in a circle.

*This little piggy went to market.... using your fingers

*If your're happy and you know it clap your hands.

I have more if you are interested, and please ask if i don't make sense with any of these!

Tepe

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

OMG Tepe, Maya loves "The wheels on the bus"!. She knwos the horn on the bus goes 'beep beep beep' and she 'beeps' her nose. So cute. And when we see a bus she just about loses the plot - "Bus Mama, Bus Mama" and blows kisses at it and waves!
So the other day I took her on a bus trip, and she thought she was in heaven. It was such a good cheap activity (cost me $1.30 for this bus that goes in a big loop around town), and she had great fun pointing at things out the indow, and chatting to people on the bus!

Mum to Maya Grace 02-03, Sienna & Mercedes 10-06

How cute about Maya, Emma! Just think of what a huge learning experience that would have been for her! Great idea.

I thought of another good one, The Hokey Pokey, my daughter loves this and dances all the moves very cute indeed! smile

Tepe

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

We have a Playschool DVD that she just loves, and it has the Hokey POkey and some other great dances on it, and Maya loves it too. She tries to copy the moves, it's so funny to watch!

Mum to Maya Grace 02-03, Sienna & Mercedes 10-06

pat a cake

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

Here are some more songs that have actions to them

*Row, row, row your boat

*Twinkle twinkle, little star

*3 cheeky monkey's swinging in the tree

*I like the Flowers

* Ram sam sam

Ann - Mummy To Taneesha, Jesse & Hallie

blowing bubbles! you don't need to buy anything, you can use a rubber band and dip it in detergent. I use my old sweet smelling bubble bath stuff.

Petals

QLD

Hi,
Why not try making some home made "edible" paint. You can find heaps of differnent recipes online. Then cut up some potatoes or get some leaves from the garden and use them as stamp. They make great fridge pictures. They're also a good keepsake, to look back on when your kids are older.
Recipes-
1. flour (approx. 2.1/2 C)
hot water (approx. 1.1/4 C)
cold water (approx. 1.1/2 C)
salt (approx. 2 Tbl spoons)
Food colouring.
Mix flour, salt, cold water in a saucepan, beat ubtil smooth. Add hot water and boil until thick (paint consistency). Add food colour.

2. yoghourt mixed with food colouring or baby ceral mixed with food colouring.

Hope I've helped.
Cheers,
Sign in to follow this topic