Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappy Pants

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

3 car seats in the back??? Lock Rss

hey,
im looking for a harnesd tethered boster for my 2year old at the mo, and ive heard but am unable to find a definate answer can you put harnesd bosters in the middle of the back seat with just a lap belt holding them in if they are tetherd?
there dont seem to be many teatherd bosters about in NZ, other than the maxi rider.
I only have the two kids now, but am deff wanting a 3rd so if this is the case and the maxi rider can be fitted with just the lap belt i think it will be well worth the extra money as will make fitting 3 seats in the car in the future alil easier.
I think if you have a booster seat, no matter what sort, you can't just use a lap belt, it has to be lap-sash, coming across the shoulder. Or you can use a tethered harness, which you thread the lap belt through. They have to be secured from the shoulders, which stops their head snapping forward to much in case of an accident.
Hope that helps.
hey, was meaning can you have a harnesd boster in the middle with jsut the lap belt holding it down if it has the tether stap that goes over the back of the seat and bolts in?
Yes you can in oz, (from my understanding you mean the harness that is secured at an anchor point and the lap belt going through the harness to secure it) i assume its the same in nz
Not sure of the laws but if it were me I would choose a booster seat that attaches to the bolt and use a H harness also. I would never use just the lap belt on a booster whether it is secured to the car or not. When I have a third child in my car I use the small seat booster with a H harness. Not sure if any of this helps.

I also heard that using the bolted harnesses is heaps safer as it puts less pressure on their internal organs in an accident. I thought they were talking about chaging the laws in Aus to mean you couldn't use boosters with normal seat belts until they were heaps older - like 8 or something. Must look into that...

It currently 7yrs in Qld.

hey,
im looking for a harnesd tethered boster for my 2year old at the mo, and ive heard but am unable to find a definate answer can you put harnesd bosters in the middle of the back seat with just a lap belt holding them in if they are tetherd?
there dont seem to be many teatherd bosters about in NZ, other than the maxi rider.
I only have the two kids now, but am deff wanting a 3rd so if this is the case and the maxi rider can be fitted with just the lap belt i think it will be well worth the extra money as will make fitting 3 seats in the car in the future alil easier.

Im pretty sure it would have to be a tethered booster, and the harness needs to be tethered too. The booster seat should have a clip down near the bolt on the tether that the harness attaches to. The maxi rider is great but just make sure you can fit in 3 seats in your car cos it is a very wide seat

hey,

Yes a harnessed, tethered booster can be used with a lap belt BUT it must also be used with a harness (protecta or H).

The seat must have a double tether clip so that the harness can be attached to the anchor bolt too. I'm %100 sure the Maxi Rider does cos my DS has one and uses it with the protecta harness.

Check out this site, it's a NZ site I found for you that has links to several different convertible boosters. Not all of them on the page are convertible though, so you'll just have to sort thru them <span class="emoticon smile">smile</span>

Ben 25/10/06 + Erin 10/9/08

hey, was meaning can you have a harnesd boster in the middle with jsut the lap belt holding it down if it has the tether stap that goes over the back of the seat and bolts in?

Yep, you can do that smile I think you actually get a tigher fit with just the lap belt than the lap/sash. When used in toddler mode, it is just like installing a baby seat, but when in booster mode, you need an additional harness to use it with a lap belt.

Ben 25/10/06 + Erin 10/9/08

Sign in to follow this topic