Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappy Pants

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Thoughts on this stroller please? Lock Rss

Phil and teds explorer buggy or phil and teds DOT (Or other inline stroller thats good?)

I'd like to know if anyone finds either of these heavy to lift?
Does anyone have older kids in this? (maybe around 4 and 2 yrs) if so is it too squashy?
Is the break hard to get on with?
How do the seats recline? (is it a pully system? clips? handle?)
Do you think the sun visor is big enough?

OOOHHH... INTERNET FIGHT. WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO? CAPS LOCK ME TOO DEATH?
(Noddy's not fat ffs!)

Thank you.

(Noddy's not fat ffs!)

Thank you.
I have an old sport and I hate that its clips to recline so you have to take the kid out to sit it back up and the sun hood is no where near big enough. So maybe the vibe would be the way to go. smile

(Noddy's not fat ffs!)

~NoDdY~ wrote:
Phil and teds explorer buggy or phil and teds DOT (Or other inline stroller thats good?)

I'd like to know if anyone finds either of these heavy to lift?
Does anyone have older kids in this? (maybe around 4 and 2 yrs) if so is it too squashy?
Is the break hard to get on with?
How do the seats recline? (is it a pully system? clips? handle?)
Do you think the sun visor is big enough?

I have an explorer and it's great. I find most prams heavy to lift, but this one is actually very managable for me. The brake is SO simple and easy.
The seat reclines with a strap that you just pull from the back of the seat., and it works if bub is asleep without waking them up.
The sun visor on the main seat is excellent, the 2nd seat one is just enough, but the front seat kind of shades the back seat anyway.
I bought it when my littlest was born, she's now 17 months and DS is just over 2 and half and he's tall, and it's still great for both of them.
The other thing I love, is when baby is new, you can put the main seat in the lying flat position so bub can sleep, put toddler seat on TOP of that so they can see out. Think there is a weight limit on that but you'd have to check, might be 15kg?
There were bad reviews of the vibe when I bought my Explorer, and it's much cheaper. I can't fault it.
Can you ladies tell me do both the vibe and the explorer fold the same? I know there is one p+t that folds with second seat attached but not sure which?

You've all been very helpful. smile thanks.

(Noddy's not fat ffs!)

Have to take the second seat off to fold to Explorer, but it takes about 2 seconds, and has the benefit of being able to go on the top because of that, so I'd trade for that any day. Especially if you want your baby to sleep while you take the older one out in the pram.
Looks like the explorer is the way to go. Thanks again!!

(Noddy's not fat ffs!)

Does the second seat recline at all on either? For when bub is too big to be under the toddler seat. The p+t website isn't real helpful. Sorry to bombard you with qu.

(Noddy's not fat ffs!)

Not sure wether your still looking at prams(I came across this post on google while looking up phil n ted stuff) I just got the phil n ted DOT and i'm really happy with it except I find it a little heavy to lift into the car however i have gone from a bugaboo which are extremelly light. The 2nd seat reclines with a grasp leaver which you do with one hand.
The brake is very light to use and it's very easy fold.
You can see it all on their website. But so far I am really happy with it.

Jess 28yrs, 5yr old daughter, 8 month old son and 20 weeks pregnant.

I have a p&t explorer. I think it is great in the way of easy to steer, fold and open and break it very easy too. We have a double kit for when our second bubs comes along in a few weeks but i havent used it yet. I find that reclining it is a pain because i have to squeeze a small clip and pull it down the straps while holding the back up and then slowly let the back down and i find it impossible to put back up with my 18month old sitting in there. Does any one know if there is a simpler way?
Sign in to follow this topic