Huggies Forum

Switch to Nappy-Pants

for toilet training!

Learn more

Pram for a baby and a toddler Lock Rss

I'm just doing some research into prams/buggies for when number 2 arrives. DD will be 2.2 years old. I'm considering

* Side-by-side twin pram but I'm worried it might go to one side more because of the weight difference
* 3 Wheel pram with double seat

If anyone have good or bad experience with those, I'd appreciate your advice.
I suppose depending on what your price bracket is, I have the mountain buggy +one and love it. It is the same size as a single mountain buggy, comes with a bassinet and the second seat. Really easy to push and sturdy. I was going to get the duet, but ended up seeing this and it was the better option for us.
It really does depend on your budget. I had a Phil & Teds Navigator and found it to be quite big and bulky. I now have a Bugaboo Donkey Duo and love that pram BUT even secondhand, they still cost about $1300-$1500. Sometimes though, you can get one cheaper.

www.facebook.com/LeReveWithSally

How far off is number 2 and how much does your first sit in the pram now? My ds is 2.5 and since 2ish has not really wanted to be in the pram much at all but also can get a bit slow and tired if we are out for quite a while. I got a Vee Bee EZ Rider. It's like a little skateboard that attaches to the back of the pram but this particular brand of them also has a detachable seat. It's fantastic, he just loves it and it will be so great when I have my second in a couple of months.
If you do still decide to go with a double pram I would go for one with a removable toddler seat not a side by side as you will use it for your second much longer than your first will be in it.

Hi, I don't use a double pram but I tend to use Choice.com.au for advice on things like prams. You can sign up for 3 months online for about $25. I've found it really handy for a lot of the bigger baby related purchases because it looks at functionality, ease of use, weight and, of course, safety.
Hope this helps smile
Thanks all for your advice. My DD is curently 20 months (and she in to walking yet, so we go for waks often, sometimes 2 hours). She will be 26 months old when I have the second one. I think I'm looking at buying a second hand one (probably max for $300) as I can't afford $1k for a buggy.
Thanks all for your advice. My DD is curently 20 months (and she in to walking yet, so we go for waks often, sometimes 2 hours). She will be 26 months old when I have the second one. I think I'm looking at buying a second hand one (probably max for $300) as I can't afford $1k for a buggy.
hi please do your research into the safest pram. Paying for choice is a great idea so is reading reviews on productreview.com.au.

Phil and teds have lots of safety issues.

Buggaboo had a safety recall

Striders are safe as houses but get a bad bum rap. They aren't bulky.

Hi Ladies, Has anyone used the second seat on the Rebel Q Air? What are your thoughts?
Ta
Phoebe

Sewing my way through pregnancy - www.buttonsandbooties.blogspot.com.au

Sign in to follow this topic