Huggies Forum

Switch to Nappy-Pants

for toilet training!

Learn more

3 car seats help! Lock Rss

Hi,

We have just found out we are expecting child #3 and it has dawned on me how are we going to fit 3 car seats in the back of an MY13 Passat Wagon. The kids ages will be just over 3, 19 months and a newborn. Any ideas?? Really don't want to buy a new car!!

Thanks!
Have you tried fitting 3 seats across? The commodores and falcons look to be about the same width and they can fit 3 seats across. Otherwise they do make compact baby seats which may be of help. Final option would be a dickie seat in the back but you don't want to know what a conversion is worth.
We have a Hyundai Santa Fe the backseat is not overly wide and we fit 3 across the back but we did have to purchase 2 slimline convertable carseats (the ones that go from infant to 7yrs) for the older 2.
Sugar&Spice... wrote:
We have a Hyundai Santa Fe the backseat is not overly wide and we fit 3 across the back but we did have to purchase 2 slimline convertable carseats (the ones that go from infant to 7yrs) for the older 2.

Thanks Sugar&spice, do you mind me asking what the slimline carseats are? Sounds like it might be a go. Did you have the youngest in a capsule or reward facing carseat?
Demonica18 wrote:
Have you tried fitting 3 seats across? The commodores and falcons look to be about the same width and they can fit 3 seats across. Otherwise they do make compact baby seats which may be of help. Final option would be a dickie seat in the back but you don't want to know what a conversion is worth.

THanks Demonica, haven't tried yet but looking at the gap between them, there is no way it is going to fit with our current car seats sad. Will look into the dickie car seats too. thanks!
Raspberry Sundae wrote:
I just posted a link to ToysRUs but it has been sent for moderation due to the link I assume. smile

Look up a car seat called Infa Secure Ascent Compaq.

Thanks Raspberry Sundae, that might just do the trick smile
kris001 wrote:
Sugar&Spice... wrote:

Thanks Sugar&spice, do you mind me asking what the slimline carseats are? Sounds like it might be a go. Did you have the youngest in a capsule or reward facing carseat?

We got safe and sound custodians (sp?) . We could fit one custodian, a safe and sound royale and a capsule on a base at a squeeze but the 2 custodians with the capsule fit better. We've just moved our 1 year old into the royale rare facing with the 2 custodians and they fit fine once they're in (a bit of a squeeze getting them in! Our kids are pretty much the same age gap that yours will be . The custodians are great because the 5 point harness should fit them for a long time then they can be used as a booster with the seatbelt over top.
Hi there,

We have a 2012 Hyundai ix35 and have 3 car seats across the back.
Dd1 is nearly 7 and in a safe and sound hi-liner,
dd2 is nearly 3 and in a safe and sound maxi-rider and
dd3 is 12 weeks old and currently in a steelcraft capsule but we have just layby'd the infa secure luxi caprice for her when she's outgrown the capsule and tried it in the car first and although it's a tight fit, they all fit securely.
I'm in WA and going through the same thing ... a friend told me that I can email KidSafe with my car make and model and they'll tell me what car seats to get to fit 3 across... I haven't tried it as yet, but I keep meaning to do so. Maybe try the KidSafe in your state first and then KidSafe in WA if you need to.
Good luck!
Sign in to follow this topic