Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappy Pants

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Won't wear a hat Lock Rss

My 19mth son refuses to wear a hat of any sort - summer or winter. In the summer, I tried using a sunhat with strings and that kinda worked but he kept wanting to pull it off and wouldn't forget about it. Now that it's winter, I cannot get him to wear his woolly hat. I've tried wearing my hat with him and also tried to distract him but to no avail. Any hints??

Sharon Smith, NZ, Mum to Hamish

how is he with hooded jackets?

Narelle, Melbourne, 4 yr old and 18mth old boys

Be consistent and just keep putting it back on every time they go to take it off. Stop them every time they reach up for it. I did this with my daughter (luckily I'm a stubborn person) and now she is 14 months old and quite happily wears a hat when she never would before. I also found it helped if you used snugger hats (like beanies) first because they don't seem to feel them as much. Also, I make a point of fussing over Megan and telling her how cute she looks when I put her hat on and even showing her in the mirror how nice she looks - this makes her feel special in her hat. We also put hats on dolls. Hope this helps!

WA, daughters born May 2005 and June 2007

Dose you son have a fav toy? like a teddy or some thing that clings to when he goes palces?

why don't you make a game out of it?

my niece is the same , so when we go outside we tell her that her bubi doll has to put a hat on and sunscreen other wise dolly is going to cry.

it worked and it might work for you

good luck

Aunty tara

Sign in to follow this topic