Huggies Forum

Switch to Nappy-Pants

for toilet training!

Learn more

Keep a 14 month old occupied Lock Rss

Hi there, my little one is 14 months old and seems to be getting disinterested in her toys, I am a little stumped as to what sort they need for stimulation at this age, seems she'd rather play with my shoes?
Can anyone give me ideas? That would be great.

Sasha & Willum my beautiful kiddies

At this age i found both my kids hit the same issue, so i introduced new things and activities. THey want to be a grown up, so we did hair, dressed up and i started to get them to help with stuff like "sweeping"I gave them a little hand brush and went outside and they 'swept' the floor. Try activites liek collages too. Painting, hand games, and copy cat.

Bek (21), Peter (25), Chelsea (3) Luke (1)

Hi - we found that our son fell in love with sand and water play when he reached that age, so we bought him a cheap square sand pit with a cover from ToysRus and he plays with it everyday. We also found that ride on toys are great, as are pop up tents & tunnels, they get to use their imagination more with these sorts of toys and start playing more independantly. Going to other Mums houses and playgroups are also great, that way you can use other peoples toys and houses as stimulation. I also borrow my friends toys etc before I buy them for my son, to make sure that he really does like them and will play with them for more than 1 hour... I also put on a wiggles DVD for him when I have to get something done like the dishes, phone calls or work on the computer, it seems to distract him for a good 10-20 minutes. I also try and get him involved in most things I do, like cleaning, gardening, getting the mail, he loves to help Mummy. I Hope some of this helps.

Corinne from Cairns : )

Sign in to follow this topic