Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappy Pants

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Toddler
  4. Toddler Accessories & Equipment
  5. help in deciding a 3-wheeler jogger with toddler seat...

help in deciding a 3-wheeler jogger with toddler seat... Lock Rss

Hi,
I have a 3 month old baby and we are looking 3-wheeler jogger that can attach a toddler seat. There are so many models around like Valco Runabout, Babylove, Love N Care X-trail etc. Have you guys used any of them before? Any comments?

Joyz, Mommy to Baby Celeste

Hi

We use the Valco Runabout and have since my daughter was a newborn. We really like it - it's light and easy to store in the car boot and is easy to push. However, we have had trouble with the front wheel not turning properly and had to get the mechanism replaced in it. Apparently this is quite common with our model, however, the newest version maybe better. It now works great, but it was a hassle for a while. Also, because the wheels are quite wide the pram won't fit through checkouts at the supermarket etc unless you go through the disabled lane, which is fine if they have that lane open! Putting aside these issues, we really love our pram and will put a toddler seat on it when we have no.2. In the end, it probably comes down to personal preference. Hope this is of some help.

Kind Regards
Alison

Alison, Vic, Abby 2.5 yrs, Poppy 5 mths

Hi, I hate to sound repetitive, but go for the Valco Runabout. I have the Runabout II with the toddler seat. We had an Emmaljunga which I promised my DH (after I paid $700 for it) that it would last us through at least our first two children and maybe more. Well, when I was pregnant with our second I discovered that the toddler seat for the Emmaljunga only holds 15kg, my toddler was already 14kg at 20 months! So I sold the Emmaljunga (much to the disgust and continual ribbing of DH) and bought a Valco Runabout II secondhand and a friend gave us the toddler seat. I have also had trouble with the front wheel but have had it repaired at a bike shop for $35. I can steer the pram one-handed even with an 18kg toddler in the front seat. You do need to make sure that when you put a baby lying flat in the pram that the baby's head is as far back into the pram as you can get it. Otherwise his head will end up lying lower than his bottom - if you know what I mean.

Good luck!

Sign in to follow this topic