Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. Fun and Games
  5. Safe paint for sensitive babies

Safe paint for sensitive babies Rss

Hi all, I know i haven't been on here in a lonnnnng time but i need your help.
I've been searching for a way to make money while doing the mummy thing and ended up doing home child care (loving it so far)... anyways the baby im caring for who is 6months has excema quite bad and although my children had it im stumped on what kind of paint (that i can make from home) to use. I'm scared im going to make him blow out with a full blown rash. He's allergic to dairy products and eggs... unsure if nuts but im not gonna test that theory. Lol

P.s, nice to see familiar screen names grin

Lol thanks MO and hi... Pin interest?? I've heard others talk about that. Think it might be time for me to have a little nosey. Lol. smile

OMG, i think im in love. Lol. I'm pinning everything. Lol grin Thanks a tonne <3

I just saw something on fb before about homemade paint and I didnt write it down cus I thought for sure I would remember it!... well ive forgotten smile should of known I would. It was something so simple like a 1x cup salt, 1x cup cornflour, 1x cup water, food colouring. Now this could be completely wrong but it seemed so basic and awesome. I will try and search for it to confirm. They had a pic of it in those sqeezy sauce bottles, very clever idea I thought.
Oh I was close. Just found the recipe:
1 x cup salt
1 x cup flour
1 x cup water
food colouring
and thats it job done!

There was also another paint recipe on the same site, its a cooked one:
3tbs sugar
1/2 teasp salt
1/2 cup corn starch
2 cups water
Combine ingredients in a saucepan, warm until it thickens. Cool and pour into containers. Add food colouring to create desired colours. Enjoy.

These are from The Whoot fb page. They have some cool ideas on the page. Someone did comment on how the food colouring might be annoying to get off the skin :/ not sure if thats an issue, havent tried it yet but I will be for sure.
If you look up a site called paging fun mums they seem to have lots of fun suggestions. The one I just saw on facebook was for glitter paint - http://pagingfunmums.com/2014/02/07/sparkle-paint/ you'd need to find out what bath wash mum uses for them with the excema as my DS would react to certain bath wash with his excema but it might be worth a look at their site for other suggestions too.

Leisa.
Awesome stuff guys, thanks so much for all the ingredients lists and sites and for going back to have a re look at whats needed... and yep tickel*ed pink it sure had me lost in there till 1am when my little one decided to wakeup. Lol. I think im in love with that site, still alil unfamiliar with it but i'll get the hang of it in no time.

No recipe, just waned to say HIIIII! Good to see you grin

"Parenting is the easiest thing in the world to have an opinion about, but the hardest thing in the world to do."

I don't have a recipe but I wanted to say hello Izzylee it has been so long since I have seen you around here xx
Sign in to follow this topic