Huggies Forum

Household tips game Rss

So, this game is where you share a odd but useful household tip. I hope this makes sense!

Mine is...

After washing up every night i put the damp dishcloth in the microwave for 1 minute to kill germs but also stop it from smelling.

Now your turn to share smile
Hmm got nothing that comes to mind but you have a great idea...

Love that idea mummsy smile

Hmm everybody prob know this but it's the best I have lol I use vinegar instead of fabric softener so no chemicals and also I use water, detergent and about 1\2 cup vinegar in a spray bottle for just about everything! It's awesome on windows with newspaper smile

Oh i have another on....Sometimes i put a lemon cut in half in the dishwasher and do a wash cycle to make it smell fresh.
Tickled Im going to have to try that! Thank you!!

Tallulah i didnt know vinegar could be used as a fabric softner! Do you put it in the rinse cycle?
I have a.front loader so I put it in the softener drawer grin I guess you'd just put it in like you would normally put the softener?

Yay glad I put something in someone didn't know tongue.

There is some good tips here smile Thanks girls

One I've been doing is making my own foaming hand cleanser. You need a foaming pump (it won't work with a normal one) and then you just put a good squirt or too of handwash or body wash and top it up with water. I then swoosh it around a bit and then viola - foaming hand wash

Also I make my own dettol disinfectant spray - a capful (of whatever ratio it says on the bottle) in a spray bottle of water - great for the toilet and wee accidents!

I place the complete set of bed sheets into the pillow case so everything matches, nothing goes missing and it keeps the linen cupboard tidy.
I use baby wipes to clean just about any surface.

I have a cup of baking soda in the back of the fridge that eliminates any weird smells that might occur. Can also add a few drops of scented oil to it to get your fridge smelling pretty smile

I keep all old tooth brushes to use for cleaning nooks and crannies like around drains etc

cant think of any more atm.

doublewammy wrote:
There is some good tips here smile Thanks girls

One I've been doing is making my own foaming hand cleanser. You need a foaming pump (it won't work with a normal one) and then you just put a good squirt or too of handwash or body wash and top it up with water. I then swoosh it around a bit and then viola - foaming hand wash

Also I make my own dettol disinfectant spray - a capful (of whatever ratio it says on the bottle) in a spray bottle of water - great for the toilet and wee accidents!

That's really clever!!!!
housekeeping is NOT my strong point, so Ihave nothing extra to add, but have enjoyed reading these smile

Mr J (April 2005) Miss Z (Feb 2007) and Miss O (Oct 2010)

PAIRS wrote:
I place the complete set of bed sheets into the pillow case so everything matches, nothing goes missing and it keeps the linen cupboard tidy.

Omg this is genius!!!

Being a clean freak I am loving this thread, well done mummsy for starting it.
Ps- I microwaved my kitchen cloth this morning after cleaning up after breakfast wink
Sign in to follow this topic