Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. Fun and Games
  5. Whats your next babies name going to be ?

Whats your next babies name going to be ? Lock Rss

p.s. i like the idea of them staying together & looking out for each other! they actually already do get in a huddle sometimes and say "all for one, one for all!" ...which is very cute!!! smile

fluttah-bye!

3 boy bundles of joy under 6, qld

Wow this is a hard one, with so many beautiful names out there it's hard to decide.
I've got a few options.
Boy- Phoenix, Saxon, Seth, Zaccai, Amish, Eden.
Girl- Sierralily, Taliesin, Akaysha, Monet (as in the artist), Sinead, Tanaya, Willow.
And that's just to name a few. With our first son we knew straight away that we wanted to call him "Noah". But the next one is going to be hard to decide. I guess when the time comes the name will just stand out and "feel" right.
this is VERY hypothetical i doubt there will be a baby for me again
but girl cassidy
boy no idea maybe reece or aiden

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

hey mel n jay
maison is very different i wanted it simply spelt mason but boy names are my husband thing and he wants the i but want can you tell men?

NTH, QLD, Cooper,25/11/04

hey bubbabue!

i actually like the "i" - makes it more unusual! i like the name mason/maison though. goes well with cooper, too! (also a gorgeous name!).

fluttah-bye!

Hi guys,

What fab names!!!
I have a few girls names (I have my heart set on a girl next time) but only a couple boys

Girls- Natalia or just Tahlia, Lily, Logan
The second name will definitely be Jade

Boys- Zander (I was a Buffy fan- Riley is my sons name) or Joden

]

Hi Roddena

Love the names!! My son is also Xander, although we christened him with the full Alexander so that he can choose whatever he likes when he's older. He always gets Xander unless he's in trouble!! Also love Riley (Go Buffy!! We're big fans!) but this is one of our nephew’s middle names, and unless we run out of options don't really want to double up.

I've seen Xander spelt a couple of different ways, but because ours is an abbreviation went with the 'x' and not 'z'. Some even spell it with an 'a' at the end rather than 'er'.

Would you shorten it at all?? I know nothing annoys me more than when people try to shorten Xander to 'Xand' or 'Xan'! That's just a personal thing, as one of DH brothers finds even one syllable names too long and ends up shortening them! I figure, you spend so much time and energy selecting a name that suits your child, one that hopefully wont embarrass them, or make them the brunt of jokes at school, you then have the right as parents to select nick-names!

The girls names are lovely too. Unusual, without being 'strange'!

Cheers, from another Buffy fan!!

Dette, DS 06.03, DS 10.04, DD 03.06 & Due Sept 07!

thanks fluttah-bye

we like unusual names but funny enough there is five more cooper's in oz with the same last name! and i thought about it so hard but it seems that you can't be too different because someones not far behind you or before you!

NTH, QLD, Cooper,25/11/04

Hi all

I'm a little bit old fashioned and traditional when it comes to names. We named our little boy Robert John......Robert after his daddy and poppy and John after his granddad. I haven't heard of any other Robert around at the moment.....Robert seems to have slipped out fashion.

I am from a very large family (about 40 first cousins and not one of us share the same name) so it is becoming more and more difficult to chose names that have not already been used. These are the names we have chosen for our next baby(yet to be conceived).

Boy: Thomas Matthew
Girl: Katelyn Jessica

Am a little worried about the spelling of Katelyn. My mother spelt my name differently than the norm and as I'm a little bit of a perfectionist, it really grates on me when people spell my name wrong (I know I should just get over it). I am in the habit now of spelling my name to everyone who asks and I really wouldn't like for my child to have to do the same.

This is just me though and I commend anyone that has unusual names for their children.

Cheers
Trudie

Robert (31 Jan 04) & Jeremy (7 Dec 05 @30 weeks)

hi trudie!

i actually really like that spelling of katelyn! and really, there are lots of different ways of spelling that name these days, so most katelyn's probably have to spell their names anyway. at least with that spelling no one could mistake the pronounciation!

fluttah-bye!

Hi Trudie,

Love the names...nice and 'strong'! I'm also from a big family (youngest of 7, all have kids, most have 4!) so it's difficult to come up with a name that hasn't been used. Add to that the fact that I'm a teacher and DH is a police officer, and there aren't many names that we both agree on!!

My family has ended up doubling up on names because two of my brothers married Michelle's, and i have a nieced Rebekah, and a step-niece Rebecca!! My third brother dated a Rebecca for a couple of years and we were dreading the confusion if they'd married!

I know what you mean about spellings - I'm a teacher and it seems everyone spells their names differently! It does get very confusing at times, but it's really about what you're happy with. Some people are just bad spellers, my name is Bernadette and even i have had several different spellings presented to me! Drives me nuts!

Dette, DS 06.03, DS 10.04, DD 03.06 & Due Sept 07!

well dette, we know 3 brothers who are all married to a joanne one is in his 2nd marriage & the 1st wife was also joanne!

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

Sign in to follow this topic