Huggies Forum

Santa etiquette?? Lock Rss

Do you always manage to get your kids what they ask Santa for?
I bought stuff ages ago that they haven't asked Santa for and they have asked Santa for different things so I am wondering if I should go out and get what they want (littlest thing that fits there list it will have to be). I am not big on the whole Santa facade but I guess I should keep up the illusion right?

Are all the presents you get for them from Santa or so you have yours and his?
I do ours and his, generally two from him and the rest from us. And I make the wrapping of the ones from him different from the rest but the same for both kids KWIM?

Are the biggest ones from Santa?

Do you leave Santa stuff? We leave a beer and a meat pie (DH's tradition).
Haven't done any reindeer food yet.

Do you always manage to get your kids what they ask Santa for?
I bought stuff ages ago that they haven't asked Santa for and they have asked Santa for different things so I am wondering if I should go out and get what they want (littlest thing that fits there list it will have to be). I am not big on the whole Santa facade but I guess I should keep up the illusion right?

Are all the presents you get for them from Santa or so you have yours and his?
I do ours and his, generally two from him and the rest from us. And I make the wrapping of the ones from him different from the rest but the same for both kids KWIM?

Are the biggest ones from Santa?

Do you leave Santa stuff? We leave a beer and a meat pie (DH's tradition).
Haven't done any reindeer food yet.

Generally only one gift per child for Santa here. And we dont let santa claim all the glory by giving the biggest most expensive presents from "him". It isnt always what they wish to santa for. Theyve never questioned it or been disappointed.
Ooh, I love Santa stuff! Christmas Eve we leave out a drink and a couple of biscuits for Santa - Santa likes pepsi max around here, which is very coincidental as that is what we usually have! Santa leaves some presents in a sack for each of our children - not huge stuff though! We give the girls some presents, too. I wouldn't go out and buy extra things just before Christmas if the girls ask for anything else. I always explain that sometimes Santa has his own ideas about what they would like, and they are never disappointed! I don't want them to grow up thinking they are entitled to get whatever they want whenever they want, and I don't like them to be too spoiled - but I do love watching them open the presents!

kerrie, VIC, DD 12/8/03, DD 12/10/05, DD 14/9/07, DD 4/1/10

I wrap Santa presents in different wrapping than for every other present and even get different tags to use on the presents for labels. This year Santa is bringing all 4 of us a board game each (Elefun for DS - figured he'd like watching the butterflies shoot everywhere while DD can catch the butterflies, gator golf for DD, hungry hungry hippos for dh - he always wanted it as a kid and mousetrap for me - a game I always wanted as a kid smile). I may also make up some lollies/chocolate gift bags from Santa but we'll see what I feel like closer to Christmas. All the other presents are from us/their sibling.

Oh and santa stuff is truffles (like rumballs without the rum), a glass of milk and a carrot for the reindeer smile

Leisa.
My parents were always the best at stana I think I believed till I was about ten o.0 Santa didnt give the biggest (cause he had to fit the rest of the kids pressies in too!) but he usually gave what I aksed for and a few fiddly things that were cool anyway.
Dad used to do something different every year one year I woke up to my presents on the roof, Daddy had to get them down with the ladder, and another time they were all over the lawn.
Can you tell my parents only had one child? tongue

We havent had the problem yet od the kids asking for something and not getting it as DS is too young and DD only wanted bracelts last yr and I already had them. I have no idea what DD wants this yr as everything she is aking for is for her birthday (just before Christmas) and when I asked her what she wanted Father Christmas to bring she said a dress, have that already as well, lol.
When growing up we sometimes got things we asked for sometimes not. mum just said it was because he wanted to give us lots of surprises.

We havnt left anything out yet but growing up we always left out a beer and a bale of hay for the reindeer.

hmmm santa stops and our house and leaves a pillow case full of bits and pieces.... could be clothes, some toys and toy cars etc... normally the other way round in our house santa brings lots and mum and dad give a couple of bigger things...

this is how it was when i grew up and i loved it...

santa doesn't always bring what you asked for because there are so many children in the world that sometimes he runs out and brings stuff that he thinks you will like... i start telling my kids this a few days before christmas...

baby is getting : nappys, wipes, rattle, shampoo, some clothes, some bath toys, and a thing that goes over the car seat with toys on it it hangs off the bar thing..(3 months)

3year old: clothes, chuggington trains (3 of them) some my litlle pony stuff, little dolls, and tiny little toy animals. some lollies and chips etc.

my 9 year old is getting odds and sods and stuff he needs some toys etc, his birthday is christmas eve.

they get something from us, usually a board game and stuff like that, my daughter is getting a dolls house.

having said that that some of the stuff my son wants is over $100 and i tellhim that santa doesn't bring stuff like that you get that stuff for birthdays etc...
I love christmas. I just carried over the same traditions my mum put in place for us.

Santa fills the girls stockings that they leave at the end of their beds. It is usually filled with toys, books, games, clothes whatever will fill it. When i was a kid our stockings were small & knitted, so they stretched to fit lots, but i could never put any of it back in so i always believed santa did it!

All the wrapped gifts under the tree are from mum and dad, family members etc.

Stocking fillers are rarely large items and as yet the girls have not made any requests to santa!

This is the first year DD is aware of Santa. It's super cute.

So this year we have got DD a trampoline. We will make it up Christmas Eve so it will be there when she wakes up, I have a nice big red bow to go on it too, I think i'm more excited than her lol tongue

She has a beautiful big stocking that will be out in the lounge from when we decorate the tree (Dec 5th) until Christmas, Christmas eve we will pop it in the bedroom and hang it from her cot, she will wake up to find lots of wrapped goodies spilling out of it from Santa grin So Santa does the little stocking fillers here and Mum & Dad get credit for the awesome tramp hahaha!!

We will probably leave out some milk and cookies for Santa too and some water and a carrot for the reindeer!

Yay I love Christmas.

My parents used to get us to write out our wish list to Santa middle of November, and they would check it for "spelling mistakes" before it was posted. So they knew what we had asked Santa for. We were always told that it was a wish list, and santa had limited space on his sleigh. We were also told if we were too greedy santa may decide we were not nice but naughty so not bring anything. We were so terrified that we always used to say in our letters, that we knew if something was expensive so would understand if he didn't bring it. (sometimes he did, sometimes he didn't). Our sack from Santa usually brought smaller stuff. Games, clothes, books etc. Mum and Dad gave us 1 or 2 of the best pressies. We put our sack at the end of our beds Christmas eve and a glass of sherry and homemade biscuits (Mum helped us to make them the day before as it was an important job, so santa knew we appreciated his visit)and a carrot for Rudolph. Our sack would "magically" be filled the next day.
By the way does the post office do "letters from Santa" here. My mum sent me one for DD this year that they give out in UK post offices.

i dunno but I found online ones and you get a reply straight away smile
the presents here are mostly from santa.I did not want santa getting all the glory either but whilst the kids still believe, we make most of them from santa but some things the kids have specifically asked for I will get from us.Our middle boy (9)just told me that some kids at school are stupid because they dont believe in santa.They said its just the parents.Blake said thats just dumb, that parents dont buy everything its too expensive.He obviously thinks we are stingy lol becasuse he said to, 'like the basketball hoop, that costs over $100 and you would not buy that and then get more stuff too '. wink
While they still believe in the magic of christmas we make it as wonderful as possible. Dh was meant to get alpaca poo (looks like reindeer poo) from his brother's property but picked up horse poo instead to deposit on the driveway.One of the boys said it looks like horse poo,I said reindeers and horses eat the same sort of food so of course it looks similar!
Blake even mentioned to poo on the pavers and said Daddy would not put poo on the pavers so of course santa is real.Anyway, I have seen the real santa in his home in Rovaniemi in Finland and have video footage to prove it and here is a website to visit but dont think he is in the ofice until december and also remember the time difference

http://www.santaclauslive.com/main.php?link=santa_claus_live&kieli=eng&pid=2

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

Sign in to follow this topic