Huggies Forum

Rum balls Lock Rss

Morning ladies grin

I'm making rum balls this year and was wondering two things! Are they fairly popular, do people like them? Lol I'm not too sure- I've only had them once and I don't think I LOVED them.

And two- would you give them to your kids? There's 3tbsp in 60 balls. Another site mentioned cooking the rum a little to cook the alcohol off?? at first I thought "yeah I'd let my kids have one, that's not a lot of rum" but then thought they would never stop at one laugh

One more- how far in advance can I make these? Thanks gals x

Thanks S&L- I heard about rum essence (and also that you can use bourbon instead, and I have plenty I that lol) AFTER I bought the rum. Typical laugh

Nai- I don't mind to drink it either- but same as you- think the one I had was super strong and put me off! Might make them weaker. Will also keep the plate out of kids reach lol

When I make rum balls before I add the rum I split the mixture so I have one bowl to make into rum balls and I roll these in coconut and the other bowl of mixture stays as is without the rum and they just become chocolate balls and I roll them in chocolate sprinkles. That way the kids dont feel they miss out and yes the rum balls are kept out of reach but there are yummy chocolate balls available for the kids which they prefer to go for anyway cus they have chocolate sprinkles all over them. Works for everyone smile
littlecheekybums wrote:
When I make rum balls before I add the rum I split the mixture so I have one bowl to make into rum balls and I roll these in coconut and the other bowl of mixture stays as is without the rum and they just become chocolate balls and I roll them in chocolate sprinkles. That way the kids dont feel they miss out and yes the rum balls are kept out of reach but there are yummy chocolate balls available for the kids which they prefer to go for anyway cus they have chocolate sprinkles all over them. Works for everyone smile

Great idea!!! Thanks- why didn't I think of that?! Lol

I use black label brandy in mine - I don't think I have ever used rum! My kids have a couple, I am not too fussed, there isn't much in them.
Thanks OC! Great to hear from you- how are you adjusting to three gorgeous kids??

I wanted to make the rum balls tonight but forgot coconut argh sad

When I make them I only use a bit of rum & then also use orange juice. OJ was in a recipe I saw yrs ago, it works well smile
Sign in to follow this topic