Huggies Forum

Christmas Chat

What to buy a one month old? Lock

We didn't buy anything for dds first Xmas. We were poor, she didn't need anything and didnt know ...

4 replies

Or a canvas painting to hang up in your bubs room and get all of your beautiful families hands and footprints all over it I LOVE t...

Suggested Christmas gifts for 2 yo's Lock

I bought my dd a bicycle for Christmas. She'll be about 2 1/2 then

7 replies

Stuff that went down a treat with my 2 year old stepson: Slinky spring ($10 online) Playdough (homemade) Bubble blowing kit (a chea...

Beach Toys | Skim Disk Lock

we were going to buy one for our boys a few years ago but a sil who is an emergency nurse t...

New no replies Be the first to reply »

OMG I am thick lol Lock

Nah - it's fun to unwrap pressies, even if they're not yours and you already know what's in them!...

4 replies

Unique1 wrote: "that sucks big time for you hope it doesn't do it to try and buy their love as it doesn't work hopefully you can get...

What age were you? Lock

What age were you when you found out Santa wasn't real? and do you think kids are finding out ea...

19 replies

oh dear oh my... i was around 7. i cried.

mum of 5 blessings /3 are angels

what christmas present did you get for your newborn?? Lock

bubba is due 25th DEC but c section booked on 20th DEC i got my bubba little Santa suit,& li...

2 replies

My DD was due on the 11th of December so we all assumed she'd be born by Christmas. We didn't actually get her anything as we had ju...

dgjt

kindy christmas party Lock

So dd kindy have a christmas party tomorrow i only just found out and girls have to bring a savou...

8 replies

Fairy bread for the sweet plate and cubes of cheese & cabanossi for the savoury plate - too easy and always go down well with the kids.

vkw

Christmas present for my parents Lock

my parents have everything they could want/need and some lol.I struggle with present ide...

3 replies

Heh, I personally love the idea of a joke present that they will get a lot of amusement out of. As long as you also include a non-jo...

2*cheeky*monkeys*

It's raining again Lock

I've got some salt dough decorations the kids can paint and I saw some mini wreaths made from pip...

6 replies

I also made up a salt dough for my DD to paint and decorate. They were great and nice and hard, but now with all the rain and moist...

1moremakes4

Nice idea or tacky? Lock

The other day I got a call out of the blue from my ex parent inlaws. My ex had a huge falling ou...

6 replies

Ohh I might pinch that idea for my parents...they are going to be caravanning around Aust for the next goodness knows how long so Iv...

Expensive christmas present Lock

I have just spent $1600 on a present for DF. HE better bloody like it. Otherwise he will wish h...

15 replies

Yep he'll like it.... pity you will feel like smashing it when he spends more time on it than he does with you and the kids!! Lo...

Christmas present labels..... Lock

How do you do the ones from santa??? DD is getting too smart for her own good!!! She is starting...

10 replies

My friend was saying the other day she has to get her hubby to write the ones from santa on diff labels, and use different wrapping ...

Santa etiquette?? Lock

Do you always manage to get your kids what they ask Santa for? I bought stuff ages ago that they ...

11 replies

the presents here are mostly from santa.I did not want santa getting all the glory either but whilst the kids still ...

Where can I get a wooden advent Lock

I'm sure I saw one in last weeks junk mail, but now I've got no idea which store it was. Thanks i...

4 replies

No worries! I just hope you can find one!

3bugs2love

When do you set up your Xmas tree? Lock

We haven't done ours yet... I think we will aim to put it up on the 1st of December. DH seems t...

14 replies

we put ours up the first of dec but this yeait will be the third as thursday night im buying my new black xmas tree as iv wanted it ...

Candie&Damien+3

first year for xmas at my house Lock

hi all!! so this year is my firt christmas to put on a christmas lunch dinner... there will be t...

8 replies

mmmmm all this christmas food talk has me hungry why cant it be xmas all year round i know- cause ill put on the kgs... its hot whe...

Vanessa H

Christmas Crafts Lock

Its a rainy week here so thought I would do some christmas crafts with DS (almost 3) What are yo...

6 replies

Bahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!! It is seriously SO simple. Nestle choc melts (white, milk or dark, up to you) A couple of cups of whateve...

How much do you spend Lock

IF you don't mind sharing, how much do yous spend on yoru own kids for christmas?? Want to see ...

57 replies

I have a 12 yo and 10 yo boy. This year I will give them $150 ea. As well as a small gift. We are going to Tamworth the week before ...

Creative_Ness

Emails from Santa Lock

The Portable North Pole is back with personalised emails for the kids (and adults lol) Its totall...

3 replies

That does sound cute I just love that these are video messages for them which is great especially for the littlies...You can even d...

Little_mans_mum

Homemade Christmas gifts Lock

My parenter and I are a bit short of funds this year for xmas so I have decided to make people gi...

5 replies

I've actually just been making Christmas mince pies tonight! I make them every year and do the following with the mince mix. 1 Jar...

leisah

Harvey Norman's Free Christmas Photos. Lock

Harvey Normans are doing their free Christmas photos again this year. You can get them done ever...

9 replies

we got two lots done...one with daddy and dd (cause she wouldn't go alone) then dd got some courage and went and sat beside santa a...

vkw

do you think this will be the last year Lock

I just took the boys for photos this afternoon.They are 10, 9 and 8.Well, as far as I a...

2 replies

Aaaw I hope they keep going back til they leave home...and then they can send you pics of themselves with their own babies and Santa...

bothboys

Christmas Menu Lock

So Im having Christmas dinner at my place this year, and have no idea what to have! I will be o...

11 replies

Hey hun To make it easier on yourself, ask everyone to bring something. Write a list of what you want & then ask specific people t...

shazgilly

Xmas stocking fillers Lock

I'm busy wrapping DS's xmas presents and have some things to put in his stocking. Last year I wra...

8 replies

I'm busy wrapping DS's xmas presents and have some things to put in his stocking. Last year I wrapped them before putting them in b...

mykidsmyeverything

Christmas presents Lock

Hi everyone, Would love some ideas on what to get my DD for x-mas i have 3 older boys...

5 replies

My girl is turning ONE just before Christmas. For her birthday, we bought her a singing teapot set - it's cute and very girly (I ha...

SonnyDays

Christmas Presents Lock

Why is there always that one person that you have NO idea what to get them??? for us its DP's Da...

8 replies

my mum brought a goat for us all last year through those people (unifed or something) who give it to the people over seas. she brou...

SonnyDays

Gosh I love Christmas time Lock

I really love Christmas time... I love all the ads on TV I love all the decorations in the shop...

15 replies

I love shopping for presents I love wrapping presents I love putting up the tree... its so beautiful I love going to Carols by C...

Santa Pics Lock

DD last year had a big frown face as She wasn't sure on him, but this year a couldn't get her off...

9 replies

I am taking the boys next weekend, the one we go to has a real beard and we havent ever had a bad pic, I think he isnt as scary with...

My*2*Boys

What do i buy my 1 year old for Xmas???? Lock

Any ideas please, I have 2 DS.The eldest will be 2.5 just before chrissy,and the youngest 1 the ...

14 replies

The thing is i am going through a phase where i am sick of having stuff every where thats not needed and gathers dust.As Ds1 really...

M2A+1ontheway

Personalised Calendars as xmas presents Lock

I just spent AGES making a personalised calendar for MIL for xmas using Vistaprint. They said the...

15 replies

thanks for all the feedback. Turned out for $120 i was able to get 20 personalised christmas cards and 5 personalised calendars (al...

renastar

christmas present ideas Lock

Ok so i'm tossing up between getting him a video camera or a bbq... trying to figure out which on...

4 replies

i was looking at a sony video camera, its on sale at harvey norman well on there website... and a weber baby Q bbq because he ment...

2*cheeky*monkeys*

Christmas present for DD to give to her daycare friend Lock

DD has a girl at daycare and they are the best of friends. The little girl is leaving at the end ...

4 replies

when my sons best friend moved away they have been together for 9 years from 3 months..... at preschool i had their photos put on ...

*Fruchoc*

Father Christmas Lock

Okay... so my DD who is 5.5 years old told me a while ago what she was going to ask Father Christ...

11 replies

I've always done what Dee has said, the kids write their lists and I try and get what they would like....but for example, DS1 said t...

mum of 5 blessings /3 are angels

starting wrapping christmas presents yesterday Lock

trying to get all things in order before i got to hospital only got less than 4wks till c sectio...

2 replies

thats good to have things in order, im so excited to meet bubba 4 weeks will go fast for us both im sure enjoy rest pre...

124538F2

Christmas trees Lock

We've never really 'celebrated' Christmas before. But now that we have a daughter, we want to do ...

3 replies

We put ours up on the 1st December. I dont normally put the wrapped presents under the tree until Xmas Eve though, as there is a li...

Am I the only one? Lock

Yup but its to be expected here as Munchkin has recently discovered he can rip papar off presents...

32 replies

Who cant put christmas presents under the tree till after kids go to bed on christmas eve? My DS who is 4 and a half, opens them all...

kris~kringle

LLadies and Gentleman (yes PD03 we called you a gentleman) and the 654,888 members of the huggies forum. May we please have your attention for just one moment. This will only take a minute of your time..... Lock

[color=purple]We welcome you here to the inaugural naming and shaming ceremony for the 2009 Huggi...

47 replies

I haven't received my gift yet either, but I'm not too bothered - it's the giving that means the most to me about Christmas ]

*Fruchoc*

Personalised video from Santa - THIS IS ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT!!!! Lock

I won't be online tomorrow so can someone please keep bumping this for me! TIA.. xox

10 replies

Friend of mine in the UK sent me this link. I have done one for my DD and its absolutely brilliant! I urge you to do it for you kids...

Lucky Mummy

Christmas / End of year presents for teachers Lock

This is the first year I've had to buy for a teacher, so just wondering what everyone else gets s...

14 replies

I love this time of year as a teacher! My pressies have ranged from Grog, chocies, earings, hand bags, personalised mugs (with a pic...

Lucky Mummy

Too early for Christmas Decorations at home?! Lol.. Lock

It's never too early to get into the spirit of Christmas!!!

9 replies

My girls desperately want to put up some decorations. Not the tree, just some small stuff. Usually we wait until the end of November...