Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Birthday Food Ideas! Lock Rss

Hi everyone!

It's my sons second birthday soon and we're having a party for him.
As a kid my mum always made a big deal of our parties and made most of the party food! I'd like to do the same for my son, I don't mind the hassle grin
I was wondering if anyone remembered food they may have had at their own parties when they were kids. Last year I had patty cakes, chocolate crackles, honey joys and I also made the cake. I'm doing the same this year but I wanted some new ideas. I'd appreciate any ideas.
Thanks!!
Hi Xmum
There is always the favourite of cocktail Franks (cherios, little boys, whatever they are called in your state!!) and the party pies and sausage rolls! Little mini quiches, or just ham and egg puffs are good too. A fruit platter of banana, apple, orange segments, pineapple, rockmelon and watermelon is nice, as it is finger food and healthy....... but what kid wants that if there are chocolate crackes!!! LOL! I think I am just a big kid..........

DD1 July 2004 DD2 August 2007 DS September 2009

Hopefully my reply will come soon - it went to [email protected] - don't quite know why!!

Here's a few i serve:

fairy bread
arrowroot bisciuts with icing and smartie faces
mini pizzas

if i think of any more i will let u know
Mel

melissa,sydney,mum to jakob,4, & cameron,1

I wrote C0cktail franks - it must have been that word! I also said sausage rolls, mini quiches, party pies, ham cheese and egg puffs, or a big fruit platter with watermelon, rockmelon, strawberries, apple, pineapple etc on it if you wanted a "healthy" dish there. But with chocolate crackles, what kid wants fruit!!!
I think I am just a big kid........

Sign in to follow this topic