Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

How much effort do you put into wrapping presents? Lock Rss

Do you go all out and buy the expensive paper with ribbon to match?

Or buy some cheap wrapping paper and just use that?

Or just put it in a gift bag?

I usually wrap my parents presents pretty with nice ribbon, and everyone else gets cheap wrapping paper (I do wrap neatly though lol)
i wrap them in cheap wrapping paper but i put curling ribbon etc on it. we usually rip up the paper anyway as DH is so excited to see what he gets lol

i wrap them in cheap wrapping paper but i put curling ribbon etc on it. we usually rip up the paper anyway as DH is so excited to see what he gets lol

Even my parents just rip into theirs without saying anything about the fancy wrapping lol. Dont know why I bother roll eyes
for family, i do good paper with rippon, for DH and DD they get what ever is left, cheap or not. but the pressies from Santa are always wrapped special with special paper and i take care smile

Santa is still clearly a novalty in our house haha

we just use cheap paper, and dont even add ribbon. it only lasts two seconds after the kids see it so i dont see the point.
I go all out!
I love the pretty bright coloured wrapping paper! Every gift has got to have ribbons smile
Wrapping presents is half the fun of giving the gift!

Although I can be a bit of a cheapskate ~ When no one was looking last year, I went around and collected all the ribbon I had used on everyone's gifts! I'm using it all again this year!

for family, i do good paper with rippon, for DH and DD they get what ever is left, cheap or not. but the pressies from Santa are always wrapped special with special paper and i take care smile

Santa is still clearly a novalty in our house haha

Last year all presents from santa were wrapped in bright red. Mind you there were soooo many presents which left heaps of wrapping paper. So this year we're being stingey and just putting them in the sack without wrapping them.

we just use cheap paper, and dont even add ribbon. it only lasts two seconds after the kids see it so i dont see the point.

It's true! No one seems to say "Oh what a great wrapping job" They probably assume it was done at a store!

I go all out!
I love the pretty bright coloured wrapping paper! Every gift has got to have ribbons smile
Wrapping presents is half the fun of giving the gift!

Although I can be a bit of a cheapskate ~ When no one was looking last year, I went around and collected all the ribbon I had used on everyone's gifts! I'm using it all again this year!

Aww your presents sound pretty!

If I know the presents will be under the tree for more than a week & Im not short for time I put more effort in.

If they're suitable, I sometimes save the ribbons for DD1's hair smile
I put in a lot of effort with wrapping, the presents look so beautiful under the tree.

I usually pick 3-4 kinds of wrapping paper that are all complimentary to eachother in colour and its usually Christmas colours so red, green, gold and prints as well - like fun Santa pic ones. Every present has ribbon and a bow - you can get nice ribbons from the $2 shop or Target and bows are from Target or Big W. I get three colours (red, green, gold) and do a mix so there's a bit of each colour.

It all adds to the impact on Christmas morning when the kids come out and see the presents under the tree.
not as much effort as I used too... lol grin

I used to love wrapping and would buy the co-ordinated paper and ribbon and spend hours making everything perfect.

Now 3 kids later... I just don't have the energy. So cheapish paper, but not too dodgy as DD2 will play with it for hours and it needs to last. But no more ribbons, bows etc.

Maybe when the kids are older and more appreciative I will start again.

Mr J (April 2005) Miss Z (Feb 2007) and Miss O (Oct 2010)

I get the normal wrapping paper as i buy too many presents so need to save on the wrapping but i get a colour for each child this years is pink for DDs presents and it has angels on it, Green with xmas trees for DS1 gifts and im looking for a nice blue one for DS2 gifts, big presents that cant be wrapped like a bike or a cubby or swing sets have a ribbon or tinsel. They each get curling ribbon or those flower looking sticky ribbons on the them too.. all wrapped nicely which means DF isnt allowed to help as he makes a mess of wrapping hahaha, my gift from him are cleary wrapped at the store and he of course takes full credit for it laugh
I don't put too much effort in these days for the kids as they just tear it open sooo quick. I do love to be given a nicely wrapped present for myself as I know that so much care has gone into it. If I'm giving a present to someone that I know will appreciate it I will go all out to make it beautiful smile
Sign in to follow this topic